Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former US Attorney calls Jesus a terrorist

Skins24

:rotflmao:

This is from the same person who is trying to impeach Bush on a potential nuclear war.

http://www.cnsnews.com/Culture/Archive/200301/CUL20030110a.html

Former Attorney General Casts Christ as Terrorist

By Michael Betsch and Scott Hogenson

CNSNews.com Staff Writers

January 10, 2003

(CNSNews.com) - Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark Wednesday compared Jesus Christ to a terrorist during a media event for a new anti-war group.

"The Christian Church overwhelmingly -- there are exceptions -- who choose to call Mohammed a terrorist. They could call Jesus a terrorist too," said Clark. "I mean, he was pretty tough on money lenders a time or two."

Clark, who served as attorney general under former president Lyndon Johnson, made his remarks during a news conference announcing an anti-war protest initiative targeting the White House and a Washington, D.C., naval base.

When asked if Americans in general, and Christians in particular, should be wary of Muslims and the Islamic religion, Clark cited the need for trust among people of different faiths. "We have to live together," said Clark. "You can't do that by being leery of a billion and a half people who are very devoted to what they believe in."

The former attorney general's remarks appeared to be in reference to remarks made by Rev. Jerry Falwell in an October 6 broadcast of the CBS program '60 Minutes,' in which the minister referred to Mohammed as a "terrorist," and a "man of war."

Falwell's remarks resulted in death threats from an Iranian cleric and widespread denunciations in the Muslim world. Falwell later apologized for the comment, saying he meant no disrespect to "law abiding Muslims."

Clark also expressed his admiration for Muslims and pointed to the U.S. prison population as an example.

"The greatest moral force there by far is Islam because it is present in the prisons," said Clark. "They're the ones that are respected, they're the ones that are up at up at 5 a.m. and worshiping, they're the ones that are praying five times a day and not ashamed to submit themselves to what they believe is a greater power."

Clark was in Washington, D.C., Wednesday to lend his support to the launch of International A.N.S.W.E.R., otherwise known as Act Now to Stop War and End Racism, which is preparing for what it hopes will be a large scale protest January 18 to demonstrate against possible military action against Iraq and to mark the birthday of Martin Luther King.

The organization is demanding access to the White House and the Washington Naval Yard to inspect for weapons of mass destruction, and protestors were urged to show up dressed like United Nations weapons inspectors.

Jesus and Mohammed terrorists? :doh:

I love America.

I love Americans,

but...man, we have some stupid people in this country.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Calling Prophets of God terrorists is just dispicable by anybody. They brought the word of the Almighty to Earth and modern day people call them terrorists? Horrible

AAHHH some of my favorite topic's religion and politics what a leathel combination...:laugh: :laugh:

If Clark called Jesus a terrorist regarding his first coming, what in the hell does he think of his second coming... :evil:

Talk about lost...

Originally posted by redman

With Clark, it goes beyond being a kook. I've can only conclude that he's virulently anti-American. I can see no other plausible explanation.

Ditto. It's almost unfathomable that this clown was at one time Attorney General of the United States.

Isn't there anything in the Patriot Act that allows us to lock this treasonus a$$hole up somewhere? If this guys civil rights can't be violated, I can't see where JackC thinks this Act is gonna strip the average guys rights away :D

Archived