Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kris Jenkins???Wants to be a Redskin? (Merged & M.E.T.)

jroc96

Panthers Trade Jenkins to Jets

By MIKE CRANSTON – 2 hours ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers traded three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kris Jenkins to the New York Jets on Friday for third- and fifth-round draft picks.

The Jets then came to terms with Jenkins on a new five-year contract worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money.

"Kris is a productive player who is stout at the point of attack and has the ability to rush the passer," Jets coach Eric Mangini said. "We are looking forward to adding him to our defense."

I dont have the picks but I think it was for a couple of mid rounders. The jets overpaid, and are shopping robertson now I believe.

NFL Network's Adam S. said that the Jet's have seeked a 1st, then a 2nd and 3rd round pick with no luck. If we could get Robertson for a 3rd only, I say we trade our 3rd for him and sign him long term. The guy has been in the wrong scheme in NY (3-4 DF). He needs to be in a 4-3 DF where he can be affective. Go after him Skins!

If they haven't been able to get a 3rd, maybe we should offer a conditional 2009 pick like they got for Vilma

Maybe so. I think we are watching how things develop with DR. I think it's possible we could trade/sign him.

Archived