Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Waiting On Cowher?

meterstick

Fassel actually reminds me a bit of Norv Turner. Quiet, understated guy who made his reputation as an offensive assistant. He managed to make a run in the NFC East when the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins were in down years. By 2003 his 'magic' was done with the Giants as the players started to tune him out.
I agree. And it's the latter part of the above post that bothers me the most. How can you take a team to the SB, and then lose all the players' respect in a few short seasons? Something is wrong there.

I can't imagine the Redskins being a desirable landing place for any established coach, or even one on the upswing. The team may have made the playoffs last season, but between having a meddlesome owner that has already hired your entire staff and a personnel department that is more miss than hit there are more than a few reasons to stay away. Fortunately, the team can always get coaches and players to sign on by overpaying them, so maybe it balances out in the end.

if it takes a ludicriously large deal to get cowher here then hell with him. Answer this question honestly do you want a coach that has passion or renewed fire to coach one that would at least try to give his all. or someone thats said no no no and only says yes to the big payday??

If cower comes here for a extremely large sum of money like ludicriosly(sp?) big than that would make him nothing more than a merc jumping at the payday rather than the opportunity to coach a up and coming team. wed have a money grubber rather than a person that can help this team along. someone that cares more about a big payday then helping return a proud franchise to glory.is that what you honestly want? someone more intrested in the money and it taking a lot of it to supposedly return that fire to his belly?

in other words would you rather have a merc thats here for the cash or someone wanting to try to make good on that chance to return to coaching in the nfl.

Dan on the sidelines with a periscope calling the plays.

Danny could have a burgundy&gold sandbox built on the sidelines where we could draw up the plays in that. "You go long...you go short and do a button hook and throw it to Cooley....hike on 4 Mississippi"

Archived