Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would Snyder do if he had hired Snyder?

Riggins Seventy Chip

Since Dan Snyder has owned the team, change has been the m.o. Coaches, players, offensive and defensive philosophies, etc. Additionally, he often engaged in intimidation and humiliation of his workers. Having Norv Turner wait in the locker room after a game for hours without talking to him, giving Gregg Williams 4 interviews, then leaking information in an attempt to discredit him, leaving 31 flavors of ice cream on Mike Nolan's desk. I'm sure there are many other examples of this. Sometimes it appeared objectively as if there were reason to make change, but often it seems like changing was the worst thing to do at the time: Firing Norv when he had a winning record during the stretch run of the season, taking power away from Marty and forcing him out after only one season in which the team responded with 5 straight wins to close out the season and go 8-8. Forcing Norv to start Jeff George over Brad Johnson. The list goes on and on.

Now, having said all of that, what would Snyder do now, if he worked for himself? If Dan Snyder employed Dan Snyder, would he have the patience to stay with him after the results that he has had during his tenure here? I think not. I believe that it is hypocritical of him to not fire himself!

Thanks for making me smile. Funny post, and I needed that tonight. Gosh, I wish there was a way to fire Dan. I'm tempted to start playing the lottery just so I can see if I can try to buy him out! (Yeah, I know that wouldn't be enough $). Maybe we should take up a collection here at ES and then pitch him an offer?

I've been hoping for a HC announcement by the end of today, and I'm bummed that it looks like we have to keep waiting (I'm typing at 11:45 PM, so technically there still could be an announcement today. Yeah, I know, keep wishing! :wish:).

Dead spot on. You also forgot the disrespect shown Spurrier's family by giving them two tickets IN END ZONE SEATS for games, when he was here.

Making matters worse, if possible, is that the disrespect often is gratuitous, serving no apparent purpose. That's arrogance. And few truly quality individuals - - players or coaches - - are eager to work for an arrogant organization.

In one short month, Dan has caused our once proud franchise to revert once again to an arrogant franchise, a proess Joe Gibbs spent 48 months reversing.

So sad for the millions of fans, employees, Washington citizens who do NOT reflect the character traits Dan Synder has CHOOSEN, voluntarily, to reveal and repeatedly reinforce.

If Snyder had hired Snyder, Snyder (the one that was hired) would be looking for employment about 7 years ago.

And probably would still be looking...

Actually, the franchise has paid down most of its debt and Snyder has tripled the net profits since being the owner. I would say that he would keep his job! The players and coaches are the ones that play on Sunday. Quit blaming Dan! We have had the talent and coaching; however, only one in thirty-two wins it!

Archived