Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

L. Coles vs. Rogers- Who would be the better value?

Rabblerouser

I think the bigger problem is that I doubt that we have enough cap room this year to come up with a contract that Jets would be unable to match. I generally like going for the known very good quantity versus the unknown potentially great. However, weren't there a lot of questions about Coles about his work ethic/attitude etc?

I would have to agree with Brave. I think Rogers will have an impact on day 1. But the only way we get him is to trade up to #1, which I think is a very dumb idea. We would have to give up too much for the #1 pick, and we would have to pay Rogers some crazy money for the top pick. I am in favor of trading down, grabbing another 2 or 3 and picking there. Picking up two DT's and two WR's in the 1st 3 rounds. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. I feel like they aren't even looking at the lower WR prospects (although, they probably are). I just hope that snyder and co realize the value in trading down and surprize everyone on draft day.

To get Rogers...

We give up Smoot and/or a good chunk of our draft.

Rogers would get an enormous contract

To get Coles...

We give up our 1st rounder.

Coles would get an enormous contract.

I would prefer to have Rogers BUT weighing the options I would rather have Coles. I could live with giving up our first rounder for Coles. The Skins could keep Smoot, get the burner we need to compliment Gardner and keep the rest of the draft to help other areas(DL,S,CB). Coles has also proven himself to be a good player in the NFL while Rogers,who has more upside, could be a bust. I've seen Rogers play and I seriously DOUBT he will be a bust, but who can really tell? Both players would get an @ss load of money so it comes down to: would you rather give up our draft and Smoot for Rogers or give up our 1st rounder for Coles. Of these two choices, I'd take Coles then draft some pass rush in the 2nd round.

Both guys are too expensive in terms of $$ and draft picks. If the Skins had the #2 pick already, then selecting Rogers would be fine. However, the cost of procuring the pick is too high. The same applies to Coles. It is not financially practical to spend huge vet bucks and a #1 pick for the same position. In both cases, it would be a case of overkill to get a WR....and not worth it (IMHO).

Archived