Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dismantle the Franchise.

tim5129

With Jim Fassel pretty much on his way in to be our next head coach, its time to think about who is going to be given the boot. Im not only talking about coaches but players as well.

First off let me start by saying that i have no hatred or wish that a player be gone from the Redskins. I love watching everyone of them play football but for Fassel it might be time to get rid of laziness.

1). I think its pretty safe to say if Fassel comes in Greg Williams will most likely be gone. I think he'll be gone because if you interview someone four times either he doesnt want the job and your trying to convince him to stay or youre trying to see if he can co-exist with the owner. The conclusion is Gregs gone because he doesnt get along well with Vinny. Check foxsports.com for that.

2). Al Saunders is probably gone. I thought with the talent and money they spent on players and we get 1 touchdown reception for our number2 reciever. Thats preeety darn sad. Also there a reports were interviewing someone from Seattle as the OC.

3). Time for the players: 1). Sorry to say it but portis might be gone. A high cap number for a guy who doesnt want to go to spring traning. I love you CP but we have a backup that makes 11 million for 5 yrs. thats nothing compared to you and i think Fassel will get that.2)I don't know who we hire for the OC but if Saunders is gone, mabye Campbell isnt the guy that Fassel wants at Qb so we could see a change there.3)I think people like Antwan , Griffin, Washington ,and Springs could be done partly because of their salary but also because they don't fit into Fassels system. Griffin under prefores alot!!!! Springs finally started intercepting the ball and i understand that Washington was hurt this year but his performence has lacked the last 2 yrs. Antwan under produces as well.

4). With the draft approaching and a new Hc coming it could be any number of positions that could be selected. My top positions are WR,DE, and mabye a corner and quaterback!

Now this is total speculation. I would hate to see any of these people leave Washington because after Sean death i feel like ive grown to be apart of the Redskin family. I cried for days about Sean and i rarely cry at family members funerals. So i love so much what Washington is and i dont want our new HC to change it.

I want to see GW as the Hc but it seems more and more like he doesnt have a good realtionship with Cerrato, dans raquetball buddy, so that could keep him from the head coach. Say w/e you want about this i just thought about what could happen to our franchise!

With Jim Fassel pretty much on his way in to be our next head coach, its time to think about who is going to be given the boot. Im not only talking about coaches but players as well.

3). Time for the players: 1). Sorry to say it but portis might be gone. A high cap number for a guy who doesnt want to go to spring traning. I love you CP but we have a backup that makes 11 million for 5 yrs. thats nothing compared to you and i think Fassel will get that.2)I don't know who we hire for the OC but if Saunders is gone, mabye Campbell isnt the guy that Fassel wants at Qb so we could see a change there.3)I think people like Antwan , Griffin, Washington ,and Springs could be done partly because of their salary but also because they don't fit into Fassels system. Griffin under prefores alot!!!! Springs finally started intercepting the ball and i understand that Washington was hurt this year but his performence has lacked the last 2 yrs. Antwan under produces as well.

You're forgetting one thing. There is a cap hit for each player cut or traded. We are going to take big cap hits for Lloyd and Brunell as it now stands.

So there is no way the Skins could also cut or get rid of Portis, Griffin, Springs, Randle El and Washington, even if they wanted to. :doh:

Is there anyone in your opinion that doesn't underperform? More importantly, you need to remember that this is the Redskins. We don't make personnel decisions based on quantifiable facts like performance versus pay, or organizational need. And we pay little attention to the cap. We just make knee-jerk decisions and justify them later.

You're forgetting one thing. There is a cap hit for each player cut or traded. We are going to take big cap hits for Lloyd and Brunell as it now stands.

So there is no way the Skins could also cut or get rid of Portis, Griffin, Springs, Randle El and Washington, even if they wanted to. :doh:

Agreed, but when many of the coaching staff changes it usually leads to personnel changes. Lloyd and Brunell were most likely gone anyway. Have to see if TC is brought back and players like Rock and Thrash that were big Gibbs favorites.

Archived