Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This was a really sour way to go out

Bacon

First off, yeah, I'm proud of the Redskins. They really beat teams back when they had to. There's heart there. This is one of the few Redskins teams I've seen that is truly unified, and it's clear that when they really set out to do something together, they have the talent to do so. This season has put me through the lowest lows (the night after the Buffalo loss) and the highest highs (last Sunday night after owning the Cowboys) of my fandom, and I've learned a lot along the way.

However, in spite of it all, I can't help but think that is a really, really damn depressing way to go out.

As I said, I'm proud of the Skins, but, more specifically, I'm proud of them for seeking out to accomplish something and succeeding in spite of much tragedy. However, I am not proud of what I saw today.

Now, don't explode on me; let me explain myself.

Do you honestly think that the Seahawks are by far and away the best team we've played since our streak began? I happen to think that this game was about on par with the Giants game in overall difficulty. The Giants are, in my opinion, a superior team, but under the circumstances (long travel, it was an absolute win-or-out situation for the Seahawks) it about evens out. Now, keeping that in mind, there really is no excuse for how we played. The Giants have a pass rush every bit as good as Seattle's, yet we got manhandled. The Vikings have a great line too, and we dominated it as well. Maybe it was the jetlag, maybe it was the 5-day week of practice, but for whatever reason, we were physically dominated by a team that isn't even known for being physical.

I simply refuse to believe that the Seahawks are that much better than we are. After so many weeks of living on the edge, could it be that our beloved Skins simply didn't have it in them to pull another rabbit out of their collective hat? Maybe their goal was to reach the playoffs and, now that they had reached that goal, they simply couldn't push themselves any further. Now, I certainly am not insinuating that they gave this one away, but it was pretty clear that the fire had been extinguished. And hell, it didn't even rain during the game today. (See what I did there?)

So where does this leave us for 2008? After a season of drama, do the Skins have the confidence and, more importantly, the drive to do something more than just sneak into the playoffs next season? Or will they, yet again, have to be forced against the wall before they can succeed? The fact that I'm even contemplating this after the sheer domination that was the last four games is really disheartening.

Somebody please tell me I'm being melodramatic. :(

I don't start many threads....but I have to get this off my chest.

This has been THEE most emotional season I have ever experienced as a fan of the beloved Washington Redskins. I can and have always believed in this team. I always will. I feel so bad for the players, coaches, and fans. We truly "fought our guts out" for our fallen commrade and I seriously prayed to him throughout this game. This team has so much heart, soul and passion..it was very apparent throughout the last 4 games and especially this one.

I know they wanted it. I wanted it too. We never gave up. We fought till the death and we came up short.

This was not a loss...but a win...a win and a gain. We are a family...and our family has learned a valuable life lesson. We stuck together during the season and we stuck together during our final challenge. We all know that football is just a game. Friends and family are what matters most. I am SO proud of my family..the Washington Redskins. I will never forget...I will never let go. I am PROUD to say that I am a fan of the Washington Redskins. We fought for ST ans ST fought for us. 21 FOREVER...

I think emotion can only carry a team so far. The undeniable truth that the team was decimated by injury was just too much in the end. It doesn't really matter how much better Seattle is then the other teams. They were better today. We need to get help on the Dline. Our secondary get's torched because we give QB's too much time. We need help on the right side of the Oline. I don't think Jansens going to do it anymore. We need some healthy youth so we don't stay so banged up.

Stop thinking about a way to go out...think about what this team did for Sean and how beautiful it was.

You can now wake up from your fantasy land... it wasn't all that beautiful. We got creamed man. This team just didn't show up today, and it was hard to watch.

Man what a tough loss. Thats got to be the toughest loss as a Redskin fan. I didn't want this so much for myself as much as I wanted this for the skins and seans family that just went through so much. It really hurt watching CP just sit there on the bench just heart broken and all. I will remember this loss for a long time.

Archived