Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charlotte Area ESers- I need some Information

pjfootballer

Hey guys and gals,

I live in Rock Hill about 23 miles from Charlotte and my wife and I go into Charlotte a little bit, but we're bored out of our skulls here in the Rock.

I was wondering if you guys knew of any nice places in Charlotte to go to dinner and go dancing. A night club/dance spot in a good neighborhood that doesn't require a sidearm to enter.

We have no kids and going to the malls and movies just isn't cutting it anymore. If you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. We're banging our heads against the wall trying to find things to do.

We go to the Knights baseball in the summer and Winthrop Basketball here in the winter. Bobcats are too expensive right now.

Also, if you know of any good museums or touristy places in Charlotte to go to, would help. We've been to discovery place, but that's more for kids.

Thanks for any help you give.

pjfootballer. :point2sky

The mellow mushroom has good pizza, a friend of mine manages it. Pretty good place. Some of the best italian food on the planet is served at Amalfi. It is across from UNCC off 49. In the shopping center with Media Play and Harris Teeter. For bars there is the Gin Mill which is at the end of Tryon, near the stadium. There is fox and hound downtown that has pool and music. If you get a night away from the wife there are many a gentlemen's establisment in Charlotte that are worth a look.

The mellow mushroom has good pizza, a friend of mine manages it. Pretty good place. Some of the best italian food on the planet is served at Amalfi. It is across from UNCC off 49. In the shopping center with Media Play and Harris Teeter. For bars there is the Gin Mill which is at the end of Tryon, near the stadium. There is fox and hound downtown that has pool and music. If you get a night away from the wife there are many a gentlemen's establisment in Charlotte that are worth a look.

Thanks Skinstzar. I'm going to write these down and take a look. I'd love to go to a Gentleman's club, but not having anything to do New Year's Eve is what got me into this mess in the first place with the wife. She was pissed we had nothing to do. I know where that shopping center is you are talking about. We pass by it to go to my parents house in Harrisburg. I've heard of the Gin Mill. I'll check them out. Thanks for the info. :cheers: :applause:

Sorry dude once your on the Rock you stay on the Rock. Yeah the Mellow Mushroom is pretty decent. I have run into Rick Hendrick and Dan Morgan there before. There is also a PF Changs i believe its in Balentyne. I go to the one off Reames and I-77. HTTR

Sorry dude once your on the Rock you stay on the Rock. Yeah the Mellow Mushroom is pretty decent. I have run into Rick Hendrick and Dan Morgan there before. There is also a PF Changs i believe its in Balentyne. I go to the one off Reames and I-77. HTTR

The wife and I want to escape the Rock. It was the best fit for us when we first got here as I was able to transfer from another facility in West Palm Beach FL. She's a city girl and she likes to be near things to do. We're both going to try and get new jobs within the next year or so and possibly move somewhere around the Charlotte area or maybe Tega Cay or Fort Mill. Matthews is growing alot and we love to come up to Pineville and go to the mall there. We shop at BJ's there also. We need to spend at least 2 more years in our house to get some equity out of it. But I've commuted before, so no big deal.

I've heard of PF Changs also. We'll definately check these place out. We're just so bored here on Friday's and Saturday's.

Personally, I think PF Changs is overrated. Vastly even.

Dancing ? I hear "The Forum" is a hot spot however, my guess is that it caters to a younger crowd. "Crush" is another club. Sorry, I just don't go out to dance clubs really anymore.

Places to eat ? Tons. What kind of food are you looking for ?

BTW - SCALP TICKETS. Bobcats games are super cheap to go to. If you come to town you will find them easily on game night, as low as 10 bucks. Parking is between 5-15 bucks.

Personally, I think PF Changs is overrated. Vastly even.

Dancing ? I hear "The Forum" is a hot spot however, my guess is that it caters to a younger crowd. "Crush" is another club. Sorry, I just don't go out to dance clubs really anymore.

Places to eat ? Tons. What kind of food are you looking for ?

BTW - SCALP TICKETS. Bobcats games are super cheap to go to. If you come to town you will find them easily on game night, as low as 10 bucks. Parking is between 5-15 bucks.

Thanks. It's not the eating that we can't find, it's more entertainment. We go to Pineville alot for dinner and the mall, but we'd like to find more after dinner options. I'll look into the Forum (my wife is 30) and the Crush to see if they are good. Never hurts to try them.

I don't go clubing but I got dragged to Buckhead Saloon once. They have a dance floor. No sidearm required, but it gets pretty crowded. I have been told Coyote Joe's is good, I think it's more a country bar.

For nice restaurants that are classy there is Morton's, Sullivan's, McIntoshes, Lavectias, McCormick and Smichks. One of my favorite places is Hotel Charlotte, which is off of Sharon Amity. It is Louisiana cooking, really good and they have something like 100 different beers (bottle) to choose from. I recommend the fried crayfish as an appitizer. They also have an outstanding steaks that they can blacken.

I don't know if you like hockey or not but going to a Charlotte Checkers game is fun and pretty cheap ($11-13 per ticket). Now that they play in Bobcats arena, it is really nice. Parking in the lot directly in front of the arena is only $5.

Another great resturaunt is Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse in the University Area. It can get pricey though, don't go there to drink.

I don't go clubing but I got dragged to Buckhead Saloon once. They have a dance floor. No sidearm required, but it gets pretty crowded. I have been told Coyote Joe's is good, I think it's more a country bar.

For nice restaurants that are classy there is Morton's, Sullivan's, McIntoshes, Lavectias, McCormick and Smichks. One of my favorite places is Hotel Charlotte, which is off of Sharon Amity. It is Louisiana cooking, really good and they have something like 100 different beers (bottle) to choose from. I recommend the fried crayfish as an appitizer. They also have an outstanding steaks that they can blacken.

I don't know if you like hockey or not but going to a Charlotte Checkers game is fun and pretty cheap ($11-13 per ticket). Now that they play in Bobcats arena, it is really nice. Parking in the lot directly in front of the arena is only $5.

Another great resturaunt is Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse in the University Area. It can get pricey though, don't go there to drink.

Took my wife to Nakato's on her birthday last year. I surprised her. I thought about going to a checker's game. This information helps. thanks guys.

Archived