Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside the NFL: Only Carter picks the Skins to Win vs. SEA

EvoSkins

Costas, Marino, and Collinsworth picked Seattle (although Collinsworth said he is neutral b/c he is calling the game) and Carter picked the Skins.

The Skins vs. Dallas highlights were at the end of the show. Started with Sellars saying how hard they have worked all season, training camp, lifting weights, etc. and it comes done to this game. Showed multiple angles of the first Portis TD.

Best part - They show the Skins Fan saying "Thats the best you got. SERIOUSLY. Ya'll ain't a playoff team. You know ya'll ain't a playoff team."

Then they cut to a Dallas player saying that them Skins are playing with everything they got. The announcer guy says that banged Dallas wanted to finish strong and set some records with Barber needing 19 yards to break 1000, but got -6 yards and Witten needing 6 catches to break 100, but got only 2. Then they cut to Showing clips of Bradie James making tackles, but as the game went longer, James and the Cowgirls were beaten down. Showed the second Portis TD and spotlighted Sellars block on James to spring Portis (couple different angles). Then showed Moss' TD with Phillips' reaction. Showed a clip on one of the Sean Taylor towels tucked on the back of neck of Portis saying that the Skins won by 21 which was Taylor's number.

Then showed the Vikings highlights.

Started the roundtable discussion, Carter praising the SEA defense. Collinsworth says that he hopes Collins doesn't have to throw it 35 times and Portis has to be able to get this thing going to protect Collins. Collinsworth then praised Springs and Smoot playing so well and being able to let everybody else attack the run, if the Skins can limit the SEA run game, they will win. Marino said that the key the Skins is taht Collins doesn't turn the ball over and Moss and Portis are healthy. Marino still likes Seattle because they are so good at home.

At the end in their Say Something segment, Carter singled out Gibbs saying that he has been very critical of the Redskins but everyone at their roundtable has a lot of respect for the coach. Then he said "Right now, as a football fan, they have a lot of people cheering for the Redskins in the playoffs."

Did they give a reason? I am a bit surprised by these picks. I would think if you were going to pick any underdog you would have to go Skins given the hollowness of Seattles' record. I'd love to know WHY they thought Seattle was the pick.

Picking the Seaturkeys is the safer bet, given that Marino, Costas, Collinsworth don't know both teams inside out.

I am surprised that Carter picked the Skins -- if he were rational, he should have picked the Seaturkeys.

Im also suprised that Carter picked the Skins. Especially after making a big deal last week that Gibbs was done.

Costas, Marino, and Collinsworth picked Seattle (although Collinsworth said he is neutral b/c he is calling the game) and Carter picked the Skins.

I don't understand why people care what these commentators say, they are less informed about any particular team than hardcore real fans like us are.

Case in point, these guys don't even know the player's names and misname them all the time. They just repeat a prescripted synopsis handed to them before the broadcast. You have to realize they're just talking heads.

Collingsworth is a dork, he said during our Buffalo game that "the redskins are not good, they're not gonna do anything"...

I don't understand why people care what these commentators say, they are less informed about any particular team than hardcore real fans like us are.

Case in point, these guys don't even know the player's names and misname them all the time. They just repeat a prescripted synopsis handed to them before the broadcast. You have to realize they're just talking heads.

Collingsworth is a dork, he said during our Buffalo game that "the redskins are not good, they're not gonna do anything"...

I don't think any of us really care. Its just times like these where I like to sit back and laugh at these so called experts making their bogus predictions.

Thanks you just reminded me of another horrible prediction of Collingsworthless.

Picking the Seaturkeys is the safer bet, given that Marino, Costas, Collinsworth don't know both teams inside out.

I am surprised that Carter picked the Skins -- if he were rational, he should have picked the Seaturkeys.

That is sad, because as ANALysts it is their job to know these teams inside and out. (especially payloff teams)

I don't think any of us really care. Its just times like these where I like to sit back and laugh at these so called experts making their bogus predictions.

Thanks you just reminded me of another horrible prediction of Collingsworthless.

Yeah, it's fun to see them try to weassel out of their previous statements. But they know average Joe Fan doesn't pay that much attention, so most of the time they don't own up to their previous ignorant possitions.

HTTR! :cheers:

You nailed it! And, Marino is an absolute moron.

After the Bears win and asked what he thought about the Redskins still being alive in the playoff hunt, Collingsworth laughed and said "they're not going anywhere." And it's funny to see him now pointing out to everyone how well the Redskins are playing... like he was the first one to recognize it and saw it all along. They're all show... on-air actors.

Probably picking Seattle because their home field is the toughest place to play in the league.

Maybe because 3 victories are gimme's. 4-1 is pretty impressive but 4-1 against losing teams with the other 3 coming against pathetic teams does not make the stadium the toughest in the league (at least not this year), beat the skins then they can say it is a bit tougher.

What you can say about seattle is that they won they games they were supposed to win all year (no bad games against bad opponents), now lets see how they play in one that is still in doubt.

Archived