Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Seattle Take Away Our Edge?

Oldfan

I believe the only reason we look and are better in the last 4 games than the 5 games we lost in a row is EXECUTION. I have not seen many drop passes if any in the last 4 games. TC has not missed WIDE OPEN receivers like JC has done (but then again not many of TCs passes are being dropped either) and lets not forget our OL is playing lights out right now because they have had a few games to play together. Portis is running like in 05 and unlike 2005 where our passing game had a lame duck QB that only looked to get the ball to Moss, today we have a QB that plays and knows one of the most explosive offenses ever with a 2nd receiver and a TE is so well suited to this offense.

One thing that sticks out more than any other NFC team in the playoffs is this. The Skins could have easily been 14-2 or 13-3 if they executed some plays during the losses better. We had the lead in 5 of our 7 loses at the half. Seattle can't say that, no team that has more than 5 losses can say that. We were shooting ourselves in the foot. This team raised many eyebrows when we almost beat the Pukes in Dallas. They are about to raise a few more.

The Skins first offensive series will be the key to the game. I think Chris Cooley will be used heavily on that first series along with screens to Ladell Betts. The Seahawks will come with heavy pressure on Stephon Heyers side (where Patrick Kearney will be lined up).

Exactly.. We need to play in seattle the same way we played the Vikings.

Jump on them early and take the crowd out of it. You are corrct that pass protection will be key! I've seen Gibb's fingerprint all over the Redskins during this winning streak with the max protection schemes, so believe the same will be shown against seattle. Saunder's is calling plays very well and adding his touch on things to throw defenses off. Our edge is our defense so hopefully our defense will continue to carry us!

we only had an "upgrade" (to use your words) at QB in the sense that Collins is someone who's long accustomed to Saunders offense. I'm not slighting him in the least but he just "manages" the game (and has so far done exceedingly well). He does have a poise in the pocket that JC will get...in time.

That said, we can beat Seattle but have to beware their defense, it's really under-rated imo. Kearney was one of the best F.A. acquisitions last offseason and Julian Petersen is an absolute monster, he's just everywhere on the field. If we can wear down their interior line and keep their defense on the field like we did against Minn, we can grind out a win in one of the tougher road stadium to play in.

Buges will have our line ready to beat up on their guys like we have our last 4 opps.

Andre Carter will be our difference maker on Saturday as he will pressure the hell out of the folically impaired Hasselbeck.

I would love to see that but I just don't think Carter is any match for Walter Jones. I think our LBs and secondary will be the ones who can make the difference in this game.

I am getting a little nervous myself, but I always do before a game so that's no biggie! I have to agree with taking the crowd out of it early! That seems to me to be the biggest factor for a 'Skins victory. On the "adjustments" topic, I think that it's not going to be as important what adjustments the other teams make as it is what adjustments we make to their adjustments. :2cents:

If that makes any sense outside of my head!!

totally makes sense, you're right on with this!

Archived