Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Replica Jersey Corrections - Possible?

Stugein

Hey folks. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Sum up - A family member did an awesome thing and got me a Dave Butz replica jersey (one of the custom "any name any number" ones from NFLShop.com). Unfortunately there was a communications mixup somewhere along the way and this person ended up ordering it as #56. Not NFLShop's fault so they likely won't correct it, but I have read here on the boards about a service that can replace the numbers on jerseys. Is this possible with the replicas (printed/pressed #'s as opposed to stitched)? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to look into the service and how much it would cost/what it would entail?

Thanks for any information. Much appreciated. :)

Well, I got off the phone with NFLShop and got no love. I expected as much. They couldn't do anything for me and I understood. I guess my next option would be to have the name-plate replaced? Can anyone describe what this entails and how much such a service would cost?

Also, I'd need suggestions on names...I can't believe that Lavar would be the only recognizable #56 in team history, but I'm having little luck finding another. Does anyone know of somewhere that lists players sortable by jersey number?

Thanks again for any help, folks. :)

Figured as much. That sucks too. You don't see too many Butz jerseys at the game... And if you just wanted a cheap jersey to mod you could've gotten a LA for next to nothing.

The 2 options I see for your name plate is this.

1: Know anyone that does really good screen print? Ive never done it but I've seen a few videos and it's a little tricky to get it right the first few times. You could try it yourself but practice practice practice on something other than your new name plate.

2: Could get someone to sew the name on a new name plate then sew the name plate on the jersey. You would need to remove the old name plate first. Or at least I would. Then just make the new name plate a little bit bigger to cover the old thread holes.

There USED to be this AWESOME website that had a player search database and it had all kinds of great player info. I think it turned into a stupid message board or something :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hmmm...

#56 Len Hauss - Center - 1964-77

Helped lead Redskins to the Super Bowl in 1972… Started 192 consecutive games for the Redskins between 1964 and 1977… Named to the Pro Bowl each year between 1967 and 1972.

It would certainly be a fairly unique one. ;)

Are the plates something bought at like a sports/jersey supply store or do you just hope to find the right color and type of material at like a craft/fabric shop?

Thanks again for all the information.

OK so here's where I stand now: I took the shirt to a jersey shop here in NJ. They can replace the nameplate for me but unfortunately don't have the jersey material in the right color (Redskins burgundy). Can anyone hook me up? Know a place I can buy a skin'-color nameplate or the same material the shoulders of the jerseys are made of so I can have them cut a nameplate out of? Online would work or if someone has something down there I'd happily buy it and pay for shipping to NJ. Please let me know. Thanks tons.

Archived