Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What your brew??

fezzik

Originally posted by Brave

I tend to like darker, full-bodied beers for shorter sittings. Guiness goes without saying. Sam Adams Cream Stout. Newcastle. Most black and tans (Yeungling, Michelob).

For longer sittings (lighter fare) my fave is Killians.

Couldn't agree more. Here in Europe, I've had a few excellent beers (along with some of the worst stuff ever), the best of which was Kaiser Red from Czech Republic and McFarland Red. :cheers:

Originally posted by Brave

I tend to like darker, full-bodied beers for shorter sittings. Guiness goes without saying. Sam Adams Cream Stout. Newcastle. Most black and tans (Yeungling, Michelob).

For longer sittings (lighter fare) my fave is Killians.

Ditto

ever have a guniness in a cold glass not all that tasty.

Best Canadian brew: Foster's, "Canadian for Australian for Beer."

No, not really... some of the Molson brews are alright, but I am a Guinness man. The greatest beer ever brewed, older than our little country... the USA. That is staying power, and they didn't even need nukes to do it!

Magic Hat brewery also makes nice porter beer called, "Heart of Darkness." Don't know about a Conrad reference, but the beer is great.

Love Newcastle and Boddingtons too.

I like dark beers, and will buy any of these if they're on sale:

Samuel Adams (Ale or Lager)

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Red Hook ESB

Anchor Steam

Bass (never on sale though)

I also like the heavier bodied foreign beers that are yellow-colored:

Pilsner Urquiel

Heineken

Becks

Bass as the standby.

The is a little brewery in PA called Victory that makes some fantastic brews. They have a very rich imperial stout named Storm King, and a heavily spiced Belgian ale called Golden Monkey. Both are on the strong side, and have ALOT of flavor.

Dogfish Head brewery in Delaware has a barleywine-style ale called Immort Ale. Expensive ($20 a six-pack!), but worth it for special occasions.

Alaska Amber is probably my favorite, but you can't get it around here.

Riggins44, you are so right about the Weeping Radish. Being where I live, I usually get to partake in their beverages 3 or 4 times a year. If you are a fan of their dark beer, the black radish, you need to get down here between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's when they roll out their Christmas Beer. It has the same color as the black radish but a more robust flavor. They also say that the alcohol content is through the roof. It's well worth hoisting a few liters.:cheers:

Hey Ry if you want some cheap beers. Taste is not an issue, but quantity is???? Schaffer Light. It's like $6.00 for a case. The problem is I've only met one dude that could actually stand it enough to drink it.:puke: :puke: It does pack a punch though.:puke: :puke:

Archived