Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Impressions of the funeral

wtyson6329

Funerals are never an easy experience to go through. I found myself thinking of those friends and family of mine who were taken from us unexpectantly. I never met Sean Taylor, in fact I rarely heard any interviews with him. However, I watched him as he dominated his opponents on the football field and as many were, I was an enthusiastic fan of his. Over the last week I have come to hear about the man behind the helmet. A man who put his family first and in fact demonstrated it by paying the ultimate price to protect his family. For that, I will forever remember #21, not just as a football player but as a man.

The funeral was filled with many touching moments(forgive me for not knowing all of their names):

- Clinton Portis - Spoke from the heart.

- Lavar Arrington - I think Lavar needs someone to put their arm around him and pray for him.

- Joe Gibbs - Classy as ever.

- Jackie's sister - Wonderful words. Sean Taylor was loved.

- His friend - I lost a close childhood friend last year and was painfully reminded of it while he spoke.

- Miami coach - Sean Taylor had a work ethic we could all learn from. "While other are sleeping, I am working" This was the secret of Sean's success.

- Jesse Jackson - Forgive me, but I do not have a lot of respect for the man.

- Sean's Pastor - Powerful message.

The 2007 Redskins will forever be remembered for this tragedy. My prayers are with the Taylor family and the Redskins family. I will be at Thursday's game...... Sean will be there too.

WTyson

i dont have any respect for jesse jackson either........but after his first bit of political nonsense.......and i guess since the race card wasnt one he could play.......i actually liked his message about gun violence and about how the NFL stars should become more active in helping to educate about it

the speech buck ortega gave was fantastic

I did truly enjoy it and found that Lavar, Rosenhaus, and Carolina were the most movie.....Drew was the only one but the pastor at the end(who took notes from others speeches throughout let alone used his 30+mins to try and gain clergy members which was kind of tired) that brought up the fact that Sean was a hero in defending his family with his life which is the ultimate sacrifice one can make in this world. Not only was he a hero on the field but he was off as well.

i dont have any respect for jesse jackson either........but after his first bit of political nonsense.......and i guess since the race card wasnt one he could play.......i actually liked his message about gun violence and about how the NFL stars should become more active in helping to educate about it

the speech buck ortega gave was fantastic

It made alot of sense when he said, "we've dug ourselves into a hole and are looking for a shovel, when we need to looking for a rope." (pretty profound)

Archived