Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC Detractors: time to step up.

Veretax

I think you have to give Campbell one more year. But if he is still the same player in Week 13 of 2008 as he is in Week 13 of 2007' date=' it's time to start looking around.

The answer to every question about Campbell is simple: Campbell needs to play better.[/quote']

He looks A LOT better this year than he did last, that is when he gets good playcalling from the coaches.

If he's not any better next year, then there's always Tim Tebow....

But I think Campbell is our guy.

He looks A LOT better this year than he did last, that is when he gets good playcalling from the coaches.

If he's not any better next year, then there's always Tim Tebow....

But I think Campbell is our guy.

I'm not 100 percent sold on Tebow as an NFL QB just yet. But alas, he does still have some time.

For off, it is a logical fallacy to say that JC is the answer or good or the future merely because a definite alternative cannot be shown.

That is, even if I can't name someone who is a surefire Brady or Manning or Roth or Romo sits to pee, that doesn't mean JC is good or the franchise QB or anything else.

Much of what the "detractors" are saying is that the search for a QB needs to continue this off-season because JC hasn't shown anything for us to guarentee him the starting position for the future. So our (or, at least my) point is that we need to continue the search instead of pretending that we have found the answer.

Who to bring in? I'm not sure.

I am sure that JC is in the bottom half of the league, and he is not someone I am going to guarentee the franchise to for next year. If I was running it, I would bring in competition in the off-season and have open competition. If JC wins it, then great. If he doesn't, then great too. We just can't pretend we have the answer.

Most of the good QBs are locked into contracts, so talking about them as alternatives is silly.

Derek Anderson is a free agent, and I'd definitely bring him in if we could. I think he would handily beat out JC.

If we can't get him, then I would draft another QB if one is the BPA where we draft. It's way too early to be talking about specific names and where to draft them, but I'd definitely like Matt Ryan on our team.

So, in other words, my position with respect to JC is to continue the search instead of acting like we foolishly have solved it with JC. Because if we just pretend that he is an answer, then we sit around for another couple of seasons until he ultimately (and predictably) fails. At that point, we are sitting there with no alternatives and the franchise has wasted quality seasons.

JC is an option at QB. He is not the answer.

Dude answer the question and stop with that political jive you're talking!!! Derek Anderson is in a system that let him do what he's paid to do and that's QB, Jason does what he is told to do. ITS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

You'll Campbell HATERS have no answer other than spilling that Jason HATE VENOM every week, but there's NO young QB with stats any better than JC's.

Draft another QB? Wow, you see how impatient you and others are with Jason don't you, what make you think the you and others will want to go through the growing pains of a another young QB hopeful? That makes NO sense at all for you to even suggest that bro.............

RED06 :laugh:

Archived