Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we make a move for the Lions #2 pick?

Lions | Could Trade Down? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

12:01 PT: Mlive.com reports Detroit Lions head coach Steve Mariucci is talking to as many first-round NFL Draft candidates as possible because he is uncertain where the Lions might select. There is a possibility the team could trade down to acquire more draft picks or a veteran player

Take Rogers at this pick?

I think with the crazy amount of signing bonuses these top 10 guys get, more and more teams are trying to trade out of that position. How crazy is it that you have to pay some unproven kid 10 million in guaranteed money right off the bat? Teams need a partner to trade down and that's becoming harder to do. Teams would rather have more picks I think.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past Snyder/Spurrier to try and make a move for Rogers.

Its a good thing we wont give up two 1st rounders to move up since we still have a fresh memory about the Desmond Howard fiasco.

Besides it would make sense for the lions to give the locaals some home talent to root for like the bullet fans do for Dixon who should get more minutes since Lue is becoming(?) a liability

Look, this draft is obviously loaded. I have heard rumors about every single team in the top five wanting to trade down. It's not so much that the top picks all suck, but more that there are so many impact players available that it makes great sense to trade down and acquire more picks, especially if you are a poor team like Cinci or Detroit. This is just another indication that it makes sense to stand pat or move back ourselves.

Originally posted by PennSkinsFan

Moving up with be suicidal for a team near cap problems and with so many other needs.

AGREED!!!!

Besides, there is word from the NFL Combine that Marshall QB Byron Leftwich's leg might be hurt a LOT worse that first believed, and that as a result, he could fall out of the top 10.

With several teams behind us, such as the Chiefs, wanting a good QB, the Redskins at #13 might stand to drop back a few spots and maybe pick up some picks to do so.

Originally posted by bulldog

last year to move up to the #3 spot and take Harrington the Lions wanted the Redskins to give them their #1 pick and Champ Bailey.

I don't think the price is going to be any more palatable this time around :laugh:

I thought it was Jon Jansen

Archived