Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite Sean Taylor Plays

CrypticVillain

Sean Taylor was a beast, and I would like to honor his on the field life. Therefore I will name my top 5 Sean Taylor plays.

5. VS Florida State. That whole game in his Junior Season. It was raining and the field looked miserable. It was the first game I saw Sean Taylor play in and he was a beast. Hitting, catching interceptions and basically changing the game on every play he was involved in.

4. Interception Versus the Cardinals in 05. He caught that joint got two feet down and he had very little space to do it.

3. Punt Return Versus the Vikings. Him and Los laid some of the BIGGEST crackbacks I ever seen on a punt return.

2. Hit on Terry Glenn in 2005. Terry Glenn caught the ball and tried to run out of bounds. He almost made it, But Sean Taylor made just enough contact to let him know what was up. It was not his biggest hit, but I love that play. I guess it was his reaction after the play that always gets me hyped.

1. Fumble Return versus the Bucs and Eagles. Them two plays helped us win games. I never seen somebody run so fast after they picked up a fumble. First it is hard to pick up and the fact that he picked it up on strive was just amazing.

RIP #21

SeanTaylor5.jpg

The big things about your combined number 1 is what they meant: The Eagles return put us in the playoffs and the Bucs Return won us the Playoff game

But the most exciting play I will always remember - even though it ultimately meant little: Last year week 9 vs. Dallas, Troy Vincent blocks Dallas' game winning feild goal [six seconds remaining on the clock at the snap] and Sean picked it up and returned it 30 yards and got a 15 yard face mask penalty ( a face mask that didn't really stop him btw) tacked on to set up a game-winning field goal.

We couldn't close on the season so the victory ultimately meant little (except to shut the Cowpokes fans up for a bit) but man that was special and cool play and so exciting one of the biggest swings in emotion I have ever experienced..

The big things about your combined number 1 is what they meant: The Eagles return put us in the playoffs and the Bucs Return won us the Playoff game

But the most exciting play I will always remember - even though it ultimately meant little: Last year week 9 vs. Dallas, Troy Vincent blocks Dallas' game winning feild goal [six seconds remaining on the clock at the snap] and Sean picked it up and returned it 30 yards and got a 15 yard face mask penalty ( a face mask that didn't really stop him btw) tacked on to set up a game-winning field goal.

We couldn't close on the season so the victory ultimately meant little (except to shut the Cowpokes fans up for a bit) but man that was special and cool play and so exciting one of the biggest swings in emotion I have ever experienced..

That was a good play. Another one was that play when we played the Charger and he kicked the ball out of LT hand.

While all the plays you mention are the most famous one, the best ST play that I personally witnessed was a crackback block on a James Thrash punt return against the Lions this year. It was one of the biggest hits I have ever witnessed on a football field.

It was even more ridiculous than the one Ray Lewis laid on that Ed Reed INT return a couple years ago.

Anyone else remember this one?

While all the plays you mention are the most famous one, the best ST play that I personally witnessed was a crackback block on a James Thrash punt return against the Lions this year. It was one of the biggest hits I have ever witnessed on a football field.

It was even more ridiculous than the one Ray Lewis laid on that Ed Reed INT return a couple years ago.

Anyone else remember this one?

Yeah but the one against the Vikings was just as good. Another good one was when he slammed Tatum Bell.

The best play I remember from him was in the final game against the Vikings. When he went 1 on 1 with Moss down the middle and just knocked the ball away twice. Great concentration and dedication to one play.

I will always remember that play.

Also in that season, the one arm tackle on rudi johnson. Also the stop of Mewelde Moore in the vikings game when the hole was huge.

Also, what about the hit he layed on Jerry Porter in '05?

Shoot, in such a short career, there are soooo many. Thats how good he was.

Man, there were just too many plays. He was consistently amazing from high school to college to the Pros. There are just too many great plays. I can't pick because he was just that great. I mean, just look at his college plays alone and you'll see how tough it is to pick 5.

5) Hit on Patrick Crayton that made him drop a 1st down catch that would have put the cowboys in good position to come back and kick a field goal in the game we won 14-13 against the Cowboys in 05

4) Making Todd Pinkston so scared that he ducked and quit on the ball when he felt that Taylor was in the area

3) Knocking the ball out of Randy Moss' hands, and then tiping the ball away as Moss was about to use a second effort to catch the ball anayway vs Vikings

2) Blocked fieldgoal return while getting facemasked to set up winning feild goal vs cowboys

1) Fumble recovery for TD vs Bucs

I liked last year's Carolina game too. Anyone remember when he stoppped the (WR,RB?) from crossing the line and getting a 1st down late in the game to almost seal the deal?

He grabbed whoever it was by the shoulders and completely forced them backwards just short of the first down, that was a hell of a play.

Then he picked off the Delhomme pass to really seal the deal.

I loved watching him do the little things too, he gave EVERY play 100 percent and his engine was alway going.

I remember when Arizona onside kicked it this year, he jumped in, worked his way in the pile and just kept trying to strip that ball over and over and over, the man played every play with intensity and purpose. Finding players like that is rare these days.

5) Hit on Patrick Crayton that made him drop a 1st down catch that would have put the cowboys in good position to come back and kick a field goal in the game we won 14-13 against the Cowboys in 05

That's the play I'll always remember when I think of ST. Just a big time hit in a HUGE situation. I'll always think about him flying into the end zone in 05 against the Eagles, the hit on Tatum Bell, and more recently, the way he covered from sideline to sideline against Favre in GB this year.

I got a couple great plays that nobody has mentioned yet. My favorite play from sean's short career was his first game in dallas, the play where he fought off a keyshawn block at like the 2 yard like to reach out with his left hand and just rip it away from julius jones. Simply an amazing play and I have never seen anybody come close to duplicating that since. And there was a play against the niners his rookie year, Im not sure who the back was for san fran but he was a big runner. They pitch it out and sean comes flying across the feild and simply throws this 230 pounder to the ground. It was just and insanely violent tackle. Taylor's entire rookie season was just so fun to watch. Never before had I seen a rookie defender make so many plays all over the feild with such an attitude. The kid physically dominated in the nfl for every single second he was on the feild. Plus he went all out on special teams, there will NEVER be another sean taylor. Taylor will be an underground legend in about 50 years. Generations from now kids will be watching that bad to the bone video and the Grim Reaper will live on forever.

Archived