Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dead Head or not..I think these lyrics are apt..::Loving my Redskin Family::..

Natmagic

My top three greatest memories from RFK:

1. Dexter Manley getting the crowd pumped against the Giants in 1990 (though we still lost...)

2. Watching Willie Mays play in the 1982 Old Timer's Game

3. China->Rider from 6/25/93 (tied with the Shakedown opener from 6/25/95)

Wish I could've been there for the legendary Dead/Allmans/Wet Willie show on 6/10/73, but my mother was in labor delivering me at Sibley...

Wish I could've been there for the legendary Dead/Allmans/Wet Willie show on 6/10/73, but my mother was in labor delivering me at Sibley...

Hahaa dude! I'm not much older than you but...

My folks were kind enough to take me with them to that show. Of course I was far to young to have any conscious memories

as far as the unconscious..

I take a great deal of solace in the fact that my 1st heavenly GD wave was a pre Wall of Sound Phil Lesh Morning Dew bomb at the sacred RFK :D

06-10-73 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sun)1: Morning Dew, BIODTL, Ramble On, Jack Straw, Wave That Flag, L. L. Rain, Box Of Rain, TLEO, Race Is On, Row Jimmy, El Paso, Bird Song, Playin2: Eyes> Stella Blue, Big River, H. C. Sunshine, Around, Dark Star> He's Gone> Wharf Rat> Truckin, Sugar Magnolia3: Train To Cry*, That's Alright Mama*, Promised*, NFA*> GDTRFB*> Drums*> NFA*, Johnny B. Goode**with Allman Brothers Band and Merl SaundersWet Willie, then Allman Brothers Band opened - first "That's Alright Mama" - first "Train To Cry" - final "Wave That Flag" - "Half Step" appears on some tapes but is likely from a different show

Hey Now! Great thread. First time I heard thwe Dead I was hooked for life. I was 13. My lyric for Sean..

"Fare you well, fare you well

I love you more than words can tell.

Listen to the river sing sweet songs

to rock my soul."

Thanx again for starting this thread.I was at the Englishtown NJ show in 77'

Marshall Tucker..with Toy and Tommy Caldwell

New Riders..Buddy Cage on peddlesteel..a little bummed that JG didnt come out and play with them

The Grateful Dead...

That was my Woodstock. Love to share these stories..

Man I'd take The Englishtown 77 show over Woodstock without a doubt!!! whew!

I've got a lot going on at the office over the next couple of weeks but I'd love to trade and share some shows with y'all at some point

I also had 10 RIP #21 "you know our love will not fade away" shirts made up for the game last Sunday. Gave 'em out to my boys at the game

Thinking of getting a "next generation" of 'em done with a burgundy and gold steal your face.. I'll most certainly get some out to y'all when things calm down a bit

cheers dudes

Archived