Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Feel Like I Just Lost A Brother

Taylor#1

I feel like i just lost a brother,he was a great man,father,and a redskin.i feel so bad for his daughter and his family,my prayers go out to them.the skins should retire his number.this is the saddest day in redskins history.I cried for him,i have cried since my grandfather died 7 years ago.

RIP MY BROTHER

#21 SEAN TAYLOR

SEAN WILL BE A REDSKINS 4EVER

ME TOO. And let me tell you something. I'm SICK of all these other teams fans and friend of mine who are telling me things like, big deal, would he care if you died? You've never even met him, etc. Basically people trying to make me feel stupid for caring so much. Only diehard fans truly understand the emotional connections we make to our players, especially star players. Yes it might seem a little obsessive to the outsider, but you have to be a true fan to feel this connection. I mean, we live and die by how our team does week to week, and frankly, players like him helped shape how our lives play out 16 weeks out of the year. It's really sad, and I'm going to miss #21 being on my TV on Sundays. The best to his family, friends, and the team.

Guest The Wanderer

I feel the same. I actually got into a fight at school because some kid told me to "Go cry about Sean Taylor". Its a sick world when people joke around with situations like this.

ME TOO. And let me tell you something. I'm SICK of all these other teams fans and friend of mine who are telling me things like, big deal, would he care if you died? You've never even met him, etc. Basically people trying to make me feel stupid for caring so much. Only diehard fans truly understand the emotional connections we make to our players, especially star players. Yes it might seem a little obsessive to the outsider, but you have to be a true fan to feel this connection. I mean, we live and die by how our team does week to week, and frankly, players like him helped shape how our lives play out 16 weeks out of the year. It's really sad, and I'm going to miss #21 being on my TV on Sundays. The best to his family, friends, and the team.

i was looking for an appropriate thread to make this exact same comment. i'm really thankful for ES cause i honestly don't feel like i can talk to anyone else about this and have them understand how i feel. it's great to have a place like this where we can all come together and be here for each other through times like this. i love my friends and family, but i know they wouldn't understand why i care so much and why i feel so sad.

i cried, i lost a brother,

I have lost a brother too...when my brother died I'll never forget my parents at his funneral (who had been divorced for almost 8 years) just holding onto each other like they were watching the world come to an end.

I'll never forget the image...ever.

It is so strange to be this emotional for a person that i have never met. The closest i have ever been to Sean is standing on the edge of the seats before a game taking pictures. I have been so upset and i have cried all day long off and on due to the loss of one of my brothers, Sean Taylor. I send out all of my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends as well as the rest of the redskins and all of us fans. We will all pull through this and prevail as REDSKINS, the biggest family in the world.

Eddie:cry::cry:

I feel the same. I actually got into a fight at school because some kid told me to "Go cry about Sean Taylor". Its a sick world when people joke around with situations like this.

I know what you're saying man I was pissed off at the guys that were making jokes of thw whole thing such as saying "I bet Moorman did it." Idiots...

What you just said summed up my thoughts exactly

People are like how can you be affected?

You never met him?!

Its just something there I just cant explain! Sean is so important to me and I am praying for his family.

I am so thankful for everyone here on extremeskins. As with so many Redskin fans today, I have been in total shock. Last night, I went to bed praying harder, and longer, than I have in a long time. Strangely enough, I fell asleep with a certain sense of peace, and above all, optimism that his physical responses to the doctors were a sign that he would pull through.

This morning when I first opened my eyes, before I even slipped out of bed, the first thing I said to my girlfriend was "I have to go check on Sean." I went to redskins.com and when I saw "Sean Taylor Has Passed Away", I lost it.... haven't been this devastated in a long time. Pulled myself together long enough to make it through the day, and then I get home and watch the slideshow tribute of Sean. Again, I have lost friends and family in my life, and I just can't believe Sean's death is doing this to me.

He had turned his life around, he had his priorities in order, and well on his way to doing things no other human has done, or could ever do on a football field....and he was going to do it all for us....Redskin fans.... for years to come. Not to mention the fact that each and every one of the players he played alongside would run through brick walls for him. He was their leader, he was their friend, and he would've done everything in his power to make everyone around him better. Now he's gone?? I know tragic things are a part of life, and I can accept that. But for what ever reason right now, I can't make any sense of the death of Sean Taylor.

But I do thank all of you for being here, spilling out your thoughts and emotions about Sean, too. Like someone else said earlier, many people just do not understand the pain that the entire Redskin family is feeling right now. Several people asked me "what happened with that Redskin player" or "Have you heard the news?"... you know, just nonchalantly and in a "just-in-passing" way. I guess it's good that not everyone is a Redskin fan, and that not everybody is in the state I have been today. But all of you have been the one thing that has helped comfort me today and I truly thank each and every one of you. We all are family and we all hurt together.

God bless you, Sean. Your memory WILL live forever in all of us.

i was looking for an appropriate thread to make this exact same comment. i'm really thankful for ES cause i honestly don't feel like i can talk to anyone else about this and have them understand how i feel. it's great to have a place like this where we can all come together and be here for each other through times like this. i love my friends and family, but i know they wouldn't understand why i care so much and why i feel so sad.

I've been on here most of the day, if you don't have Skins fans all around you, things could get really ugly. When I said I was going to the game this week, someone actually said "why? they suck!". He's lucky to have teeth. You would think that after last year, with me flying a flag and wearing my jersey every Sunday, and keeping my hat on all week no matter how bad we were, my own friends would get it.

The Redskins organization is simply different. I root for some other teams in different sports and different leagues but only the Redskins make me feel like I'm really part of the team. I showed up in Tampa airport last Friday wearing my Portis jersey and you wouldn't beleive how many total strangers wanted to talk to me and shake my hand. I don't get that anywhere else.:logo:

everybody in my family knows am a hugh fan and i only had one call and that's was my sister,she knew i was really upset about sean,she said she was really sad too,but she had to call me to console me and i cried.she said she say my myspace and she started to cry cause it was so sweet.well if anyone need to talk i have yahoo messager i will give u it and we can talk about sean.

Archived