Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

BG

Just saw them last night and they are light years better than I have heard on live recordings. Possibly the best assemblence of musicians and define the term "supergroup". I had to laugh at how good they were....................I actually cried a bit too becuase I know I will never be that good.....

Oh yeh man..they are fantabulous. IAMBG..not sure if u saw my comments about glassjaw on another thread, but I agree with u totally about them being one of the best bands currently. They are unreal, I've listened to them for a long time, well only their 2 albums ..silence and tribute..but they are both unreal. I haven't dabbled in finding any new music lately..know of any?..

I remember seeing Future Man open for DMB for their New Year's 95 or 96 show. He was incredible. Never went to a BFleck concert, but have some great downloads (they are for it) of live stuff!

they are a sort of hippie/jam/bluegrass/rock band. kind of hard to understand unless you hear them play. loads of talent on the stage!

ahhhhhh!!!!!! Forgot about the Bonaroo.....I need some $$ sh*t. My buddy is trying to throw a huge posse to make the venture out to Tenn. I am a bit skeptical becuase it will be beastly hot and hard to see buckethead(there u go Arr2208) after he has gained some popularity through Guns and Roses. That's the only reason I would want to go there. Well, & Warren Haynes,....oh & Bela and Vic, Futch, that other guy..oh and the Brothers & the Roots ALLRIGHT BG STOP IT!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I just saw the DVD live from Bonaroo last night. Roght before Bela. It was pretty sick. Saw a clip of Les Claypool's Bucket o' Bernie Brains. If you are familiar with those names mentioned, you get the jist of the lineup. F*cking sick!!!!!!!!!!!

So they are playing at the State palace in NOLA for jazzfest, think I might show my bod off for some beads beer and tickets to see ol Buckethead

http://www.bucketheadland.com/

So Arrington2208, yeah man thanks for backin a bro about some Glassjaw!!! Still rippin to them. Im not to up on new stuff out there, but know of a few bands out there. One band that I know of that is VERY good is a band called fiction Plane

after listening to the track you can download off their site, I give you all of twenty seconds to figure out who this singer may be realated too. They are also playing up there in DC at the Nation right now. I think their shows got postponed cuz of the blizzard.

I know some more, will post in a bit

PS SKINS56 I GOTTA AMKE THE SHAMELESS PLUG FOR US BUT WILL WAIT FOR AN OK FROM YOU---- :D

Originally posted by fansince62

what kind of music guys?

Fansince, I am assuming you were asking about the band we were posting about. Click here for their site I believe there are a fair amount of samples. I was on there for a bit today just wowing myself with information on their equipment and achievements. They have won like four grammy's already and I never new it. I can't begin to explain this stuff. To explain it would categorize it and do an injustice to it.....

The 2003 lineup includes Bonnaroo alums Ben Harper (this time with the Innocent Criminals), Jack Johnson, moe., Galactic, Warren Haynes (this time solo), Keller Williams, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Bela Fleck(this time with the Flecktones), Particle, and the North Mississippi Allstars. Making their first Bonnaroo appearances are, James Brown, the Allman Brothers Band, Sonic Youth, Tortoise, O.A.R., Sound Tribe Sector 9, Antibalas Afro Beat Orchestra, Nickel Creek, Yonder Mountain String Band, Medeski Martin & Wood, G. Love & Special Sauce, The New Deal, The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, Garage A Trois, and indie rock duo Smokey & Miho featuring guitarist Smokey Hormel (Tom Waits, Beck, Johnny Cash), and vocalist Miho Hatori (Cibo Matto, Beastie Boys, Gorillaz). The lineup also ventures into hip-hop and electronic avenues with acts like The Roots, Kid Koala, Mix Master Mike, RJD2, and Z-Trip.

all that plus the other ones (the dead) and widespread panic, g'damn. i can vouch for OAR, which rocks. of course, ben harper, jack johnson, g love, bela, and the allman brothers will be sweet. anyone know what the others are about? what is glassjaw like?

Archived