Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers - One of the biggest injury impacts of 2007

Hiro

Awesome joke with zero basis in facts behind it! :thumbsup:

I actually have several friends who are Jags/Bucs/Dolphins fans that all think Rogers is a very good corner from watching games with me and following him in college. I don't understand why some of our fans just can't come to grips with the idea that hey, maybe Rogers actually was playing pretty damn well before he got hurt. For whatever reason people just have it stuck in their heads that he HAS to be bad because someone must be to blame for anyone scoring a passing TD on us and even though he had a rough year last year like everyone else on the entire defense, he's clearly incapable of improving in any aspect of being a corner besides being a serviceable nickel back.

1st, I watch the games and have seen it, if you have not then perhaps you don't watch and would make my point. Good job. :applause:

Your friends say? Oh well, he must be on his way to the pro bowl huh?

You need links since you don't watch games and are just another blind homer?

Here you go..

http://www.nfl.com/players/carlosrogers/careerstats?id=ROG136198

Here are some other corners in the league for you to get your own "basis for facts".

http://www.nfl.com/players/shawnsprings/careerstats?id=SPR379648

Hmm less penalties? Sure Springs has been in longer.. Still no comparison with the INT vs penalties though. As I would be more willing to ignore penalties from a CB who gets INT's (that is just me though)

Here is a couple ROOKIES, see how they fare versus Carlos.

http://www.nfl.com/players/leonhall/profile?id=HAL432931

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronross/careerstats?id=ROS527992

Wow, Leon Hall with NO PASS RUSH gets as many INT's HALFWAY through his season (his rookie season at that) as our Carlos has in his career...

Hall and Ross, SHOW TALENT. Carlos keeps drives alive. Any other questions or comments?

He is on the team so I like him, has he made improvements... I really don't think enough to go on and mention...

He could very well be blamed for the losses single handedly...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8029f0d2

Go to 3:30ish in the highlight clip...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80340ab9

1st play of the game...

This is just 2 off the top of my head... He needs to be kicked in the ass... Is he the worst in the league, no but there are too many times he makes boneheaded mistakes that cost us.

The "system" can only be blamed for so much, so long...

Okay your kidding me right ...

The stats do not show penalties at least not on the links you gave the PDef stat is the passes defended ...and defended passes in my mind are a good thing for a CB to do .

You also give links to two games in which there were big plays in the Lee big catch it wasnt that Rogers was beat ... I am not sure there are many schemes in which the RB is covered exclusively by a CB ( I think it was McIntosh's guy) ...but he missed A tackle and then 3 or 4 other Redskins players missed or were out of possition to make the play...usually Rogers is solid in run support.

In the Giants game yep Burress did eat him but in both that and the Green Bay game there were big periods of the game in which the defense shut down high powered offenses ...

So please do go on telling us all why Rogers it the worst in the leauge .

The loss of Rogers is understated ...if Taylor was still in his loss wouldn't be as big but with Rogers out it prevents us being able to do certain things and it is not about depth you cannot have a super stud on the bench at every position, we are depleted at OL, WR, and DB .

Umm I never said he was the worst, your kidding right? I am just saying he is not as good as some people would like to picture him being. I took about 2 minutes and off the top of my head picked a couple names and wow, they are much better AS ROOKIES.

My problem with Carlos is he THINKS he is better then he is, he finally got a pick and he acts like his **** doesn't stink when in fact he has stunk up the field as many times as he has made good plays.

Could he be worse, of course.. Should he be better? IMO, definitely.

You also give links to two games in which there were big plays in the Lee big catch it wasnt that Rogers was beat ... I am not sure there are many schemes in which the RB is covered exclusively by a CB ( I think it was McIntosh's guy) ...but he missed A tackle and then 3 or 4 other Redskins players missed or were out of possition to make the play...usually Rogers is solid in run support.

Lee is a RB? Your kidding right? Carlos attempted a bonehead tackle, good observation. Lee should have gotten 8 yards, nothing more.

In the Giants game yep Burress did eat him but in both that and the Green Bay game there were big periods of the game in which the defense shut down high powered offenses ...

There you go, being a blind homer. NY had us beat from the 1st play but Plax kept dropping the ball as did Shockey. Rewatch the gam

I found Carlos' 2006 stats (his only full season) pretty impressive. Yeah only one INT, but he had 79 tackles and 16 pass defenses. In comparison to Springs who has been known as a true number one corner for a long period, the most pass defenses he had was 10 in 2003 and the most tackles 64.

I remember DG getting toasted quite a bit his first couple years. I sure am glad we didn't give up on him!:)

I found Carlos' 2006 stats (his only full season) pretty impressive. Yeah only one INT, but he had 79 tackles and 16 pass defenses. In comparison to Springs who has been known as a true number one corner for a long period, the most pass defenses he had was 10 in 2003 and the most tackles 64.

I remember DG getting toasted quite a bit his first couple years. I sure am glad we didn't give up on him!:)

I totally agree that he is NOT BAD, but people act as if he something special. I just don't see it. He gets flagged for stupid **** and misses a lot of easy tackles.

Maybe he gets more passes defended but he gets thrown at more, he should defend more.

Im not gonna say Rogers is the worse corner in the league, the worst corner I ever saw was Jason Sehorn. Rogers strength is zone coverage and tackling.The cover 2 zone is perfect for his skills because hes a good tackilng corner, he cant play pass coverage because he cant catch a interception at all.Big wideout are his problem when trying to tackle them...T.O. and Burress will eat him alive..this usually is the assignment for Springs which means man coverage (and Springs aint a shut down corner)...

Umm I never said he was the worst, your kidding right? I am just saying he is not as good as some people would like to picture him being. I took about 2 minutes and off the top of my head picked a couple names and wow, they are much better AS ROOKIES.

My problem with Carlos is he THINKS he is better then he is, he finally got a pick and he acts like his **** doesn't stink when in fact he has stunk up the field as many times as he has made good plays.

Could he be worse, of course.. Should he be better? IMO, definitely.

your talking about nickel CB's, these are guys that dont have much responsibilty other then finding a spot in a zone or picking up a 3rd WR. To be honest L Hall was getting burned repeatedly and just recently had a couple games with multiple INTs, the AFC has some horrible QB's he didnt pick off anybody that wasnt forcing it ala S McNair who turned the ball over like 12 times when those 2 teams played. A Ross is another example of a guy who had rookie luck while in a nickel spot, his INT came from C Pennignton who cant throw past 5 yards with any zip on the ball, brunell has a tighter spiral than this guy. Your rookies are just having rookie luck but get burned against top WR's so they are put at Nickel. Carlos Rogers has played either the #1/#2 Wr since being drafted and STARTED halfway into his rookie season, not just mop up duty or 3 WR coverage. I would say Rogers has always stepped up to the plate and if not for that FREAK accident of a injury he would still be showing people he is our #1 CB :2cents:

1st, I watch the games and have seen it, if you have not then perhaps you don't watch and would make my point. Good job. :applause:

Your friends say? Oh well, he must be on his way to the pro bowl huh?

You need links since you don't watch games and are just another blind homer?

Here you go..

http://www.nfl.com/players/carlosrogers/careerstats?id=ROG136198

Here are some other corners in the league for you to get your own basis for facts".

First off, your whole argument that he wasn't good was based on all the penalties he supposedly gets, but you're not even able to supply proof of him getting any of these penalties, rather you just posted random stats like "Pass Deflection" (maybe you thought that was penalties?) and "Tackles."

And besides that, stats are the WORST way to discuss DB's, especially corners. Last year Walt Harris went to the Pro Bowl due to the high amount of interceptions he had...did that really make him a great corner? No, he was on a bad defense and got a lot of his picks on horrible QB's making bad throws. If you're honestly going to try to make an argument based on the NFL.com stat sheet, your argument is completely void since it's pretty much universal that the stat sheet doesn't apply to how well corners play.

First off, your whole argument that he wasn't good was based on all the penalties he supposedly gets, but you're not even able to supply proof of him getting any of these penalties, rather you just posted random stats like "Pass Deflection" (maybe you thought that was penalties?) and "Tackles."

And besides that, stats are the WORST way to discuss DB's, especially corners. Last year Walt Harris went to the Pro Bowl due to the high amount of interceptions he had...did that really make him a great corner? No, he was on a bad defense and got a lot of his picks on horrible QB's making bad throws. If you're honestly going to try to make an argument based on the NFL.com stat sheet, your argument is completely void since it's pretty much universal that the stat sheet doesn't apply to how well corners play.

Can't find a stat listed, just know from watching the games.. Couldn't agree more about stats being misleading but INT's are pretty cut and dry.

Rather you people want to acknowledge he gets penalized a lot or not, I really do not care to argue if you don't watch the games. HE has extended more drives then HE has stopped.

ALLWORLD, ok he's not amazing. Tell everyone something they don't know. People are saying he is a top 28-40 CB in the league. So a below avg #1, and a very good #2 cb. Do you agree or not?

Good way of putting it, I can agree with that. He just needs to watch the contact calls (if anyone wants a link get a DVR and watch the games again).

Can't find a stat listed, just know from watching the games.. Couldn't agree more about stats being misleading but INT's are pretty cut and dry.

Rather you people want to acknowledge he gets penalized a lot or not, I really do not care to argue if you don't watch the games. HE has extended more drives then HE has stopped.

but what you dont realize he stopped people from scoring, with him in the defense we shut teams out in the preseason and most of the first half of the season, is this not a bigger impact if the offense cant score pts? we played cover 3 zone only 3 deep DB's rogers/smoot/taylor and then rush same 4 from last season (Ant Mon new). this is amazing considering the defense last season when we had no depth at DB/LB/DL. Rogers shuts down a 1/3 of the field and against philly played man and shut it down

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8029f0d2

Go to 3:30ish in the highlight clip...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80340ab9

1st play of the game...

This is just 2 off the top of my head... He needs to be kicked in the ass... Is he the worst in the league, no but there are too many times he makes boneheaded mistakes that cost us.

The "system" can only be blamed for so much, so long...

:laugh: That did it for me!!!

but what you dont realize he stopped people from scoring, with him in the defense we shut teams out in the preseason and most of the first half of the season, is this not a bigger impact if the offense cant score pts? we played cover 3 zone only 3 deep DB's rogers/smoot/taylor and then rush same 4 from last season (Ant Mon new). this is amazing considering the defense last season when we had no depth at DB/LB/DL. Rogers shuts down a 1/3 of the field and against philly played man and shut it down

No, I won't realize something that isn't so. We "shut down" as you said.... Who exaclty? The high scoring Philly? Miami? We stopped Detroit, still in shock about that but then again Detroit isn't that good anyway IMO.

No, I won't realize something that isn't so. We "shut down" as you said.... Who exaclty? The high scoring Philly? Miami? We stopped Detroit, still in shock about that but then again Detroit isn't that good anyway IMO.
Philly was crowned NFC east champs by the experts, GB is high powered passing, NYG high powered passing, DET high powered passing, ARZ high powered passing, NE high powered passing theres a trend in the NFL to pass the ball, the redskins defense stopped big plays with rogers and taylor benefited leading the league in INTs because of it :2cents:

pass yards against us with carlos

219, 1 td vs mia

240, 0 td vs phi

232, 1 td vs nyg

106, 0 td vs det

188, 0 td vs gb

282, 3 td vs ari

6 games, 1267 yards, 211 yards per game, 5 TDs through the air.

pass yards without carlos

334, 3 TDs vs nwe

226, 1 TD vs nyj

251, 4 TD vs phi

293, 4 TD vs dal

4 games, 1104 yards, 276 yards per game, 12 TDs.

Philly was crowned NFC east champs by the experts, GB is high powered passing, NYG high powered passing, DET high powered passing, ARZ high powered passing, NE high powered passing theres a trend in the NFL to pass the ball, the redskins defense stopped big plays with rogers and taylor benefited leading the league in INTs because of it :2cents:

I give up,

CARLOS ROGERS IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!

HE WILL SHUT DOWN EVERY #1 WR IN THE LEAGUE.

HE CHOSE TO LOSE THE SEAHAWKS GAME FOR US BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HE FELT SORRY FOR DONALD LEE AND PLAX SO HE USED HIS PISS POOR TACKLING TO LET THEM GO

IM OVER IT!!!!

Now he won't get into Canton since he got injured right?

carlos rogers fits into our scheme perfectly

hes one of the best press coverage CB in the game

He pushes the wrs into the middle which our safetys cover

without rogers the WR goes deep outside and smoot and springs arent physical enough to push em in. Causeing a mixup between our safetys zones

Archived