Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Coach Joe" dictionary!

dwills1

You mean there are other teams out there that had glory in the 80's and 90's and havent returned to that status yet?

No no no...I am pretty sure its just us.

How can you put the Cowboys and Broncos on that list? San Fran was really good a few years ago. The Bills too.

The Skins glory days ended in '93.

You mean there are other teams out there that had glory in the 80's and 90's and havent returned to that status yet?

No no no...I am pretty sure its just us.

Nice sarcasm. Maybe you need to think outside the box. How about:

- Wasteful free agent spending

- Lunatic owner gouging fans (ie charging to see training camp)

- Crappy stadium

- Refusal to hire a GM who may actually know what he is doing

And yes, a bad record that doesn't come close to justifying among the highest ticket prices in the league.

Actually I do. JC will define the next decade for us. Lot of pressure on the kid. But he will handle it.

The youth at our skill positions means we are set for a while. New blocks will be added. Its how Franchises come back to elite status.

I'm guessing you also believed Norv Turner and Steve Spurrier were also building something special in DC....

How can you put the Cowboys and Broncos on that list? San Fran was really good a few years ago. The Bills too.

The Skins glory days ended in '93.

The only team that doesnt belong on that list is the Broncos, cause they won the super bowl in the middle 90's. Since then what have they done?

All those other teams have the same ultimate success since their heydays.....not good enough.

“greatest fans in the league”:

The really bitter people sitting with obstructed views behind huge cement pillars or sitting next to 5 empty seats in the club level drinking a $8 Bud Light and munching on $15 chicken fingers while their team loses to the Falcons.

“greatest fans in the league”:

The season ticket holders who actually go to the game instead of selling their tickets to fans of the opposing team.

The only team that doesnt belong on that list is the Broncos, cause they won the super bowl in the middle 90's. Since then what have they done?

All those other teams have the same ultimate success since their heydays.....not good enough.

So what you are saying is that if you don't win a Super Bowl, your season is a waste? And you are a joke?

Not at all. Why do you ask? Did Norv or Steve keep Snyder in check?

Obviously keeping Synder in check is not enough. Bad clock mgmt, bad personel decisions, bad call playing, the list goes on and on. It's your right to think Gibbs is building somethign special here. The product on the field and the past 4 year history says otherwise.

A realist sees success in the NFL in terms of Decades. Not in terms of weeks. The Success RIGHT NOW people who are calling for Gibbs to be fired are probably the most unrealistic of all fans here.

Decades? I don't know about that. You can look at the Patriots that won 3 superbowls in 4 years, and, clearly they're a success. That's over a period of four years, not ten, which by they way, is what Gibbs II is approaching.

Whole reason I said it is the other guy said it only took 4 years to win 3 championships.

More like it took 6-7 years to win 3 championships. But what do I know?

It didn't take the Pats 6-7 years to win their first championship. That is bull. Teams dont have 6-7 years to win championships nowadays. Not with free agency.

Laxpck - wow. Chill. As a die-hard fan and season ticket-holder, I found dwills1's post VERY funny. Me and my friends joke about the Gibbs-isms often and try to predict which will get used most after a particular game. Well-put, dwills! I'm tired of hearing them...just as I was tired of hearing the old ball coach say "pitch-and-catch" and "we've gotta coach 'em up". I want/need to hear some passion from our coaching staff. Get ticked off a lil...just a lil (don't go nuts...i.e.: "Playoffs?! PLAYOFS?!!).

Passion, whether it is love, hate, or passionate-complacency, is contagious. As far as being real...I wanted the Skins to beat the Patriots, too...but I knew. And I kinda know this week but, in-division, anything can happen (if the offense gets on the plane). Either way, it'll be ok laxpck.

Archived