Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell after 16 - solid

USS Redskins

I wouldn't mind having a nice 6' 4" receiver but honestly good quarterbacks can play well with small or tall receivers.

While I agree with you to some degree, I would add that an ESTABLISHED good QB can play well with any type of receiver. We have made it difficult for JC by making him play with injured, short WRs his first full year as a QB. Sometimes you need an easy play, and with Moss injured, our home run threat is gone. Now, we must grind out long drives with an inexperienced, albeit talented, QB, and if one play goes wrong, that magnifies the pressure on JC. If we had a tall receiver who could climb the ladder and snag the ball out of the air every once in a while (a la Randy Moss or Plaxico Buress), JC would probably have less pressure on him to extend drives.

This line really stood out for me.

Campbell has played 16 games — nearly half of them without the starters on the right side of his line, another seven without his No. 1 running back and three without his No. 1 receiver.

:applause: People tend to forget that. I really do think we have a really special guy here in #17

I know JC has made some mistakes(fumbles, INTS) but he is still very very young. If you've ACTUALLY seen him play you can tell that he is a legit NFL caliber QB. Just look at his pocket presence, his poise and his arm strength. Once he gets some receivers that can catch a deep ball he is going to be DANGEROUS! Its going to be fun to watch him develop into a star in this league.

I wouldn't mind having a nice 6' 4" receiver but honestly good quarterbacks can play well with small or tall receivers.

well to be honest its not about short and tall WR's, campbell seems to do well with tough wr's.

Santana moss and brandon lloyd are very soft. Campbell does very well with mcardell, randle el, james thrash who are physical wrs, they arent afraid to catch a bullet and get hit. Moss and lloys have dropped many passes, some passes they didnt even attempt to catch because theirs a defender lurking.

Senior Season at Auburn:

Jason Campbell: 188-270 69.6% 2700 yds 20 tds 7int

Recievers:

Courtney Taylor WR 6'2 737yds 6tds

Ben Obomanu WR 6'1 313yds 7tds

Devin Aromashodu WR 6'2 513yds 4tds

Anthony Mix WR 6'5 294yds 3tds

:applause:

Great job, man we really need some bigger WR's

Jason Campbell 1,735 yards 59.8% 9tds 7 ints 79.9 QB rating

Elisha Manning 1,820 yards 59.4% 14tds 11ints 78.6 QB rating

Philip Rivers 1,743 yards 60.8% 10tds 10ints 77.9 QB rating

Matt Schuab 1,658 yards 67.9% 5tds 7ints 58 QB rating

Jay Cutler 1,882 yards 64.9% 9tds 9ints 84.8 QB rating

Look at all the young QB's stats jay cutler and jason campbell look very impressive because they have only had 15-16 starts. Where eli, rivers looks average at best.

Campbell's stats through 16 games per NFL.com

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD INT Sck SckY Rate

266 468 56.8 3,032 6.5 19 13 21 136 78.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not mindblowing numbers, but the potential is definitly there. One of the brightspots of this team.

No , Not mindblowing but when compared to these two other young QB's

Alex Smith

800Att 435Comp 54.4% 4679yds 19Td's 31INT's 63.5 Rating

Vince Young

549ATT 301Comp 54.8% 3311yds 16TD's 23INt's 65.2 Rating

Its obvious JC has been much better. And really hasn't played to bad at all.

Archived