Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steroids???

Rob1

The following is based on pure speculation; so someone with the facts please prove me wrong, but:

Why are steroids not a huge public issue with the NFL as they are in MLB? NFL players certainly appear to be more "juiced" than MLB players, but MLB has almost all the negative publicity. Is the NFL's steroid testing program less "effective" than MLB, or are the media and fans just more willing to ignore the faults of what has now replaced baseball as America's pasttime?

Now for the possibly irresponsible, but WTH part... Was CP perhaps juiced when he was tearing up the NFL earlier in his carreer?? Yes the OL, QB, WR, and offensive coaching situations haven't necessarily helped him produce the last couple years. BUT he HAS lost some burst AND speed AND tackle breaking strength. As such, does the NFL have a discreet, non-public 1st time offender steroid program in which CP is possibly enrolled that may account for some of his drop-off???

The basis is the above-referenced dropoff in his skills, which I agree with you is not by any means conclusive. Others say he's taken a lot of hits in a short period of time but that explanation's no more compelling to me at this point than the juice.

The basis is the above-referenced dropoff in his skills, which I agree with you is not by any means conclusive. Others say he's taken a lot of hits in a short period of time but that explanation's no more compelling to me at this point than the juice.

Except for the injury time in 2005, and the complete lack of evidence of steroid use, you might have a point. :doh:

The following is based on pure speculation; so someone with the facts please prove me wrong, but:

Why are steroids not a huge public issue with the NFL as they are in MLB? NFL players certainly appear to be more "juiced" than MLB players, but MLB has almost all the negative publicity. Is the NFL's steroid testing program less "effective" than MLB, or are the media and fans just more willing to ignore the faults of what has now replaced baseball as America's pasttime?

Now for the possibly irresponsible, but WTH part... Was CP perhaps juiced when he was tearing up the NFL earlier in his carreer?? Yes the OL, QB, WR, and offensive coaching situations haven't necessarily helped him produce the last couple years. BUT he HAS lost some burst AND speed AND tackle breaking strength. As such, does the NFL have a discreet, non-public 1st time offender steroid program in which CP is possibly enrolled that may account for some of his drop-off???

:wtf: Basing that on what??? You must be looking for attention making asinine statements like that.

if we are truly at a time when a drop off in performance is reason enough to suspect steroid use, then sports and competition in general in america are even worse off than it seems.

also, i guess portis juiced in denver, did not his first year as a skins, began juicing again in weeks 11-17 in late 2005, did not use steroids during the week leading up to the seattle playoff game, and then has failed to properly use steroids since - that is, until this past monday when he decided he needed an extra burst for the jets game.

i mean its not like he is 40, hasnt been good for a decade, and then all of a sudden scores 30 touchdowns.

i absolutely despise baseless speculation about ANYONE cheating or breaking the law

tgijef

The reason the NFL doesn't have/get as much bad pubilicty as does MLB as far as steriods are concerned is that the NFL has had a testing program in place for years now, and is very strict about it. They were one of the first (if the first) pro leagues to have such a rule, and the punishment for viloators is one of the harshest out there.

Far be it for me to call into question everyone on this site's hero worship of some guy who makes millions of dollars for doing nothing for you; I just wanted to know the NFL's 1st time offender policy re public disclosure, suspension, etc.

You have to be the biggest moron on this board. Please don't start stupid rumors or even invite conversation to your idiotic speculation. You should be banned from the board, just on ignorance alone.

Far be it for me to call into question everyone on this site's hero worship of some guy who makes millions of dollars for doing nothing for you; I just wanted to know the NFL's 1st time offender policy re public disclosure, suspension, etc.

It's public. Marcus Washington was put into the drug program last year for giving a dilluted sample after practice. After a second sample it was shown that he had no illegal drugs in his system, and had broken no rules. However it was still made public and he was forced to meet with a league pyschiatrist every wednesday in NY. In other words, no CP was not on steroids. :doh:

I think the league has the steroid issue under control. That's probably why there are so many injuries now.

If it's legal for us to use them, then it should be legal for them to use them. Football was better in the eighties.

You are right.

Was CP perhaps juiced when he was tearing up the NFL earlier in his carreer??

No, Heaven's NO.

Anyone in that Denver offense carrying the ball was running over everyone back then. Why hasn't Mike Anderson or that dude on the Giants who were tearing it up in Denver like Clinton not done as well after they left Denver? Because there new Olines are not as good. Steroids had nothing to do with Portis and even after he left and came here he still got 1500 yards because the dude was/is REALLY GOOD.

The NFL has the toughest drug policy out of any sport out there. You shouldn't start new threads, this is insulting to a player and based on no facts just wild and untrue thoughts in your sick mind. :mad:

Archived