Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher: Brady could be target of cheap shot

Taylor4Life

Hmm point taken and agreed, however what about the conversations regarding say preseason when the players admit to not playing hard and they get injured. Having "class" and taking players out or taking a knee to me is a direct slap in the face. I mean there used to be some amount of pride and emotion that was clearly shown, similiar to Brady griping at calls when being up. I see the Ravens and the Steelers have this pride and emotion and it's just a shame that because one team has come along and basically laid to rest all this parity crap the league has tried so hard to make, now there is some such tirade about what is class and what is classless. I also wonder how many Redskins fans would complain if the Redskins were playing like the Patriots and scoring. I personally would much rather see my Redskins destroying everyone as the Patriots are than to keep watching this joke of an offense continue to erode all the hard work the defense is doing. :2cents:

All I know is I would feel pretty dirty if we were up on a team 42-0 and Gibbs called a 40-yard pass to Moss in the end zone on 4th and 5. Its one thing to continue to dominate the team and try to keep them off the board. I'd have no problem with going out there and shutting them down and if we got a pick 6, big whoop. But on 4th and 5, kick the FG or punt. Putting a pass in the end zone is beyond the limits of good taste.

There is only one possible thing going through a coach's head when he calls that play, and it is "how much more can I humiliate this team?" Its unsportsmanlike in my book. Its not against the rules and I don't think it should be so I won't say he should stop, but I think it shows the kind of person that Bill Belichek is. I would not trade our current season for theirs.

Archived