Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' run-it-up history

VinceGeorgeJoe

There was one game after Bugel became HC of AZ. Redskins were playing the Cardinals. Redskins leading late in the 4th. Redskins opt for a FG.

Bugel complained after the game that Gibbs was running up the score. "It left a bad taste in my mouth.", he said.

The is a scrap of memory, no hard documentation at the moment.

Bugel vs Gibbs

1990:

31-0 L @ Redskins, week 1

38-10 L vs Redskins, week 4

1991:

34-0 L @ Redskins, week 3

20-14 L vs Redskins, week 15

1992:

27-24 W vs Redskins, week 5

41-3 L @ Redskins, week 13

1-5-0

188-54

There are the two schools of thought on it. Yeah, they shouldn't have gone for it on the 4th down, kicking the field goal would have been the "classy" thing to do. The fake spike was a BS chickens#!T play in my book and they should have planted Brady after that one. There were a few more but I am trying to block out the memories of sunday right now.

The other school of thought is, don't let them run up the score. Come out and compete. Why doesn't Greg Williams shake things up a bit. Why not blitz. Hey you knock Brady out, that sorta ups your chances a bit and being down by XX-0, why not? What the worst that is going to happen, you get beat on the play?

How is it that Wes Welker is tying up linebackers while blocking and our linemen, tight ends and running backs can't tie their shoes? Why is it that our linebackers couldn't shed their blocks?

Why is Saunders/Gibbs calling those stupid wide receiver screens when down by XX-0? Why doesn't CP know he is out of bounds?

Sorry for the long rambling rant. The skins are missing proper execution and attention to details.

There are the two schools of thought on it. Yeah, they shouldn't have gone for it on the 4th down, kicking the field goal would have been the "classy" thing to do. The fake spike was a BS chickens#!T play in my book and they should have planted Brady after that one. There were a few more but I am trying to block out the memories of sunday right now.

The other school of thought is, don't let them run up the score. Come out and compete. Why doesn't Greg Williams shake things up a bit. Why not blitz. Hey you knock Brady out, that sorta ups your chances a bit and being down by XX-0, why not? What the worst that is going to happen, you get beat on the play?

How is it that Wes Welker is tying up linebackers while blocking and our linemen, tight ends and running backs can't tie their shoes? Why is it that our linebackers couldn't shed their blocks?

Why is Saunders/Gibbs calling those stupid wide receiver screens when down by XX-0? Why doesn't CP know he is out of bounds?

Sorry for the long rambling rant. The skins are missing proper execution and attention to details.

Archived