Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

San Diego Chargers support thread

Toe Jam

One of our poster BigMike619 is in San Diego. He hasn't been in here in a couple of days. Wonder if he had to evacuate.

Actually, I think he was given a two-week suspension for cussing out a poster who was saying the same types of things that St_Redskins is saying. He appeared to be under enormous stress, given that his place was “smoked out” (his description) and he was being told to evacuate.

I’ll be sending my prayers and good thoughts to everyone in the San Diego area. My brother-in-law, who had to evacuate his family from their Scripps Ranch home for two days, says the situation is hellish.

One of our poster BigMike619 is in San Diego. He hasn't been in here in a couple of days. Wonder if he had to evacuate.

Actually, I think he was given a two-week suspension for cussing out a poster who was saying the same types of things that St_Redskins is saying. He appeared to be under enormous stress, given that his place was “smoked out” (his description) and he was being told to evacuate.

I’ll be sending my prayers and good thoughts to everyone in the San Diego area. My brother-in-law, who had to evacuate his family from their Scripps Ranch home for two days, says the situation is hellish.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those that are suffering through it.

I live in OKC, were a tornado could hit almost anytime these days and yes its my choice to live here but thanks to faith and god, knock on wood, I haven't had to go through such tragedy in my 26yrs of living.

I live in OKC, were a tornado could hit almost anytime these days and yes its my choice to live here but thanks to faith and god, knock on wood, I haven't had to go through such tragedy in my 26yrs of living.

Yeah, I feel bad for folks too man; BUT, there is one major difference living in OKC.

Yes, you choose to live there; but you have no warning on a F5 that strikes at midnight.

Folks like me (that have homes on the outter banks) and those in SC... KNOW before they get into Real Estate that there are risks.

Every year my summer home has a chance of getting kilt... it has twice... even one car I left down there is somewhere in the Atlantic.

Fact is, there was a warning....

Same thing with SC. They built towns and residential sections in direct Fire Prone areas. They have warning too. It's not like the 2004 Indo Tsunami.

Just like hurricanes, the Santa Annas are a YEARLY pattern! Why would you put a house in a valley pass that funnels down from the Sierras?

Well, thats your own decision.... just make sure ya buy insurance and keep personables that cant be replaced close during fire season.

Heck, that's what I do.

But just like the hurricanes.... you have plenty of warning with the fires.

When Mt. Ranier (an extremely active Volcano for decades) explodes and the State of Wash is gone for the next 200 years... yeah I will feel bad. Doesn't mean im gonna live there.

The folks thats have real estate in SC this time of year have to expect this.

Yeah it sucks... but hey ... deal with it.... and yes the media DRAMATICALLY embellishes it.

Would you Ski a mountain even though it had signs of "avalanche warning"???

As far as SC is concerned... the EQ's bother me a lot more... no real warnings.

Fires? No excuse.

~Peace

Yeah, I feel bad for folks too man; BUT, there is one major difference living in OKC.

Yes, you choose to live there; but you have no warning on a F5 that strikes at midnight.

Folks like me (that have homes on the outter banks) and those in SC... KNOW before they get into Real Estate that there are risks.

Every year my summer home has a chance of getting kilt... it has twice... even one car I left down there is somewhere in the Atlantic.

Fact is, there was a warning....

Same thing with SC. They built towns and residential sections in direct Fire Prone areas. They have warning too. It's not like the 2004 Indo Tsunami.

Just like hurricanes, the Santa Annas are a YEARLY pattern! Why would you put a house in a valley pass that funnels down from the Sierras?

Well, thats your own decision.... just make sure ya buy insurance and keep personables that cant be replaced close during fire season.

Heck, that's what I do.

But just like the hurricanes.... you have plenty of warning with the fires.

When Mt. Ranier (an extremely active Volcano for decades) explodes and the State of Wash is gone for the next 200 years... yeah I will feel bad. Doesn't mean im gonna live there.

The folks thats have real estate in SC this time of year have to expect this.

Yeah it sucks... but hey ... deal with it.... and yes the media DRAMATICALLY embellishes it.

Would you Ski a mountain even though it had signs of "avalanche warning"???

As far as SC is concerned... the EQ's bother me a lot more... no real warnings.

Fires? No excuse.

~Peace

I live in San Diego. My family and I were evacuated on Monday. We came home today. There's a lot of ash on/around the house, but it's nothing we can't deal with.

I have insurance. I take care of the vegetation around my house, and the whole neighborhood does a really good job with that, really. I don't live "in a valley pass that funnels down from the Sierras." I wouldn't describe Ramona or Santa Ysabel that way, either. There's speculation that the Witch Creek fire was started by downed power lines. The Santa Ana's are caused by a high pressure system that starts blowing air from the deserts east of here and reverses the normal onshore flow of air off the ocean. Not sure where the Sierras or passes comes into it.

And I don't know anyone that's looking for an excuse, either. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Its really, REALLY good to be home.

I live in San Diego. My family and I were evacuated on Monday. We came home today. There's a lot of ash on/around the house, but it's nothing we can't deal with.

I have insurance. I take care of the vegetation around my house, and the whole neighborhood does a really good job with that, really. I don't live "in a valley pass that funnels down from the Sierras." I wouldn't describe Ramona or Santa Ysabel that way, either. There's speculation that the Witch Creek fire was started by downed power lines. The Santa Ana's are caused by a high pressure system that starts blowing air from the deserts east of here and reverses the normal onshore flow of air off the ocean. Not sure where the Sierras or passes comes into it.

And I don't know anyone that's looking for an excuse, either. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Its really, REALLY good to be home.

Glad to hear you did okay!

:cheers:

Glad to hear you did okay!

:cheers:

Welcome home and glad to hear that you and yours made it out ok. :)

Welcome home and glad to hear that you and yours made it out ok. :)

Thanks for the info. He and I didn't get along at first, but now we're good buddies. I've been wondering about him.

Thanks for the info. He and I didn't get along at first, but now we're good buddies. I've been wondering about him.

I lived in West Palm Beach from 1998 to 2005. There hadn't been a major hurricane through the county since the early 1980's. Then all of the sudden we were getting 3 or 4 a year. It just goes in cycles. Anywhere you live you can have hurricanes, tornados, fires, avalanches, volcanoes, earthquakes (lived in Memphis for 8 years and they are 50 miles from the New Madrid fault line in the bootheal of Missouri), mudslides, etc. There is not one place in the US, that you are immune from a natural disaster. So in response to St. Redskin, who says you shouldn't live there if you know about these things, then where in the US do you think is the safest place to live where there are absolutely no natural disasters? Your post was out of line.

I lived in West Palm Beach from 1998 to 2005. There hadn't been a major hurricane through the county since the early 1980's. Then all of the sudden we were getting 3 or 4 a year. It just goes in cycles. Anywhere you live you can have hurricanes, tornados, fires, avalanches, volcanoes, earthquakes (lived in Memphis for 8 years and they are 50 miles from the New Madrid fault line in the bootheal of Missouri), mudslides, etc. There is not one place in the US, that you are immune from a natural disaster. So in response to St. Redskin, who says you shouldn't live there if you know about these things, then where in the US do you think is the safest place to live where there are absolutely no natural disasters? Your post was out of line.

Archived