Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Gibbs: Redskins are 'biggest underdog in the history of sports'

tr1

"We'll probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports," coach Joe Gibbs said Monday. "Has anything held up against them? Do you have a game plan that will work against them? If you do, leave it here. Because I don't think anybody else has got one right now. We're going to struggle hard."

:doh: And this is what you want from your head coach? Gibbs needs to shut the hell up and coach. The longer the season goes on the more I want to see him leave here. I'm sick of this crap

Its time to use the patriots old method when they played against the greatest show on turf in the Rams. The rams had Bruce in his prime, Holt, Hakim, Faulk and many other playmakers. They were picked heavily to win when they went against an at the time under the radar Pats team. Their plan was essentially go ahead and catch it, but we are going to knock the **** out of you when you do. Every pass was met with a pounding hit by a Pats DB. We need to keep Taylor back to prevent the deep ball and force Brady to hit the short throw. This is where the linebackers and and Landry can earn their check. A few jarring hits will have them thinking twice. Unfortunately, Belicheck is a great gameplanner. I wouldnt be surprised if we gear up for the pass and they pick this game to pound the ball with Maroney 25 times. We need to just keep plugging away. They will score, but plays can be made by the defense.

Its time to use the patriots old method when they played against the greatest show on turf in the Rams. The rams had Bruce in his prime, Holt, Hakim, Faulk and many other playmakers. They were picked heavily to win when they went against an at the time under the radar Pats team. Their plan was essentially go ahead and catch it, but we are going to knock the **** out of you when you do. Every pass was met with a pounding hit by a Pats DB. We need to keep Taylor back to prevent the deep ball and force Brady to hit the short throw. This is where the linebackers and and Landry can earn their check. A few jarring hits will have them thinking twice. Unfortunately, Belicheck is a great gameplanner. I wouldnt be surprised if we gear up for the pass and they pick this game to pound the ball with Maroney 25 times. We need to just keep plugging away. They will score, but plays can be made by the defense.

Unfortunately, some of our fan base of twenty-somethings fail to grasp this Gibbs technique...

Everyone grasps the technique. We've seen it again and again. Some people don't think it works anymore. Everyone knows how great the Pats are, we know it, they know it. They were over confident against the Boys and still crushed them. Getting them overconfident won't work. Who cares about talk anyway, we just need to get some serious pressure on Brady and offense needs to go all out.

It kind of feels like the Bears playoff game in 86 when no one gave us a chance, hopefully we can get the same result. :cheers:

Unfortunately, some of our fan base of twenty-somethings fail to grasp this Gibbs technique...

Everyone grasps the technique. We've seen it again and again. Some people don't think it works anymore. Everyone knows how great the Pats are, we know it, they know it. They were over confident against the Boys and still crushed them. Getting them overconfident won't work. Who cares about talk anyway, we just need to get some serious pressure on Brady and offense needs to go all out.

It kind of feels like the Bears playoff game in 86 when no one gave us a chance, hopefully we can get the same result. :cheers:

I just wish Joe had said "on any given Sunday ..." or "they put their pants on on just like ..." instead he reverts to his old "put myself (and my team) down self" and talks and plays scared like the ninny pooh he is. He obviouisly doesn't realize that this defeatist nessage filters down to his troops. What a nightmare of a HC! George Patton must be spinning in his grave.

I just wish Joe had said "on any given Sunday ..." or "they put their pants on on just like ..." instead he reverts to his old "put myself (and my team) down self" and talks and plays scared like the ninny pooh he is. He obviouisly doesn't realize that this defeatist nessage filters down to his troops. What a nightmare of a HC! George Patton must be spinning in his grave.

Archived