Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colts and Pats: Proof that the O-line makes the difference.

NoCalMike

Watching the Pats and Colts play, to witness how long they have to throw, it is no wonder why they always find open receivers or tight ends. These guys have about 3-5 seconds(if not more) longer to throw then every other QB in the league. I think Madden once said that a QB should always have the ball out of his hands in 3-4 seconds, but Brady & Manning don't have to live by that rule. Tom Brady hardly ever has to move an inch, and if he does, it is barely at all.

While watching the game tonight between the Colts and Jags, you can see the difference in Peyton Manning as well as how much of a difference a pass rush makes. Even an elite QB like him had trouble with his passes whenever Jacksonville was successful with pressure.

Remembering our game against the Pats at Fed Ex a few years back, we were somewhat successful at getting to Brady which forced him to make some bad throws, and I believe our defense had two or three INTs that day.

Beating a team like the Patriots, has everything to do with breaking that Steel Wall known as the Patriots Offensive line.

Watching the Pats and Colts play, to witness how long they have to throw, it is no wonder why they always find open receivers or tight ends. These guys have about 3-5 seconds(if not more) longer to throw then every other QB in the league. I think Madden once said that a QB should always have the ball out of his hands in 3-4 seconds, but Brady & Manning don't have to live by that rule. Tom Brady hardly ever has to move an inch, and if he does, it is barely at all.

While watching the game tonight between the Colts and Jags, you can see the difference in Peyton Manning as well as how much of a difference a pass rush makes. Even an elite QB like him had trouble with his passes whenever Jacksonville was successful with pressure.

Remembering our game against the Pats at Fed Ex a few years back, we were somewhat successful at getting to Brady which forced him to make some bad throws, and I believe our defense had two or three INTs that day.

Beating a team like the Patriots, has everything to do with breaking that Steel Wall known as the Patriots Offensive line.

True, to a point. There's some other very good Olines in the league though that still suck as teams. Pats and Colts are good b/c they have experienced, always-healthy franchise QBs, very good offensive and defensive lines and stable coaching staffs and systems. They're great because they have excellent wide receivers and very good defenses as well.

Archived