Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spread Offense with Mike Sellers at RB

chrisc0015

I dream about the Redskins coming out with 4 WR to spread the defense and clear the box of defenders, allowing Mike Sellers to pound the ball up the middle over and over as the single back.

Would it work?

It usually takes 3 - 4 players to take him down, and spreading the defense out would make it more difficult to stop him before he gains 4 - 5 yards. I think it might work, and if the defense fills the box, look over the top for our WR in single coverage.

I dream about the Redskins coming out with 4 WR to spread the defense and clear the box of defenders, allowing Mike Sellers to pound the ball up the middle over and over as the single back.

Would it work?

Probably not. To run the spread offense you must have the threat of an effective passing game. If you go 4 wide and throw a one yard pass you might as well run a sneak. The spread works for Brady because every WR is weapon and he will deliver.

with a banged up oline we need atleast 6 blockers...

This is the exact reason why we will never spread anyone out ever. If we do JC head will be rolling. If we do decide to spread a team out it is usually a three step drop and a quick thorw (WR screen, hitch etc...)

We need to find something like this which allows us a consistant yardage and forces our oponents to make changes. The Pat's might have a record setting offense this year, but they definitely have a vulnerability. They have no running game.

If we could put a competent offense together which could play ball control. Then we could keep their offense off the field and give ourselves a chance to win this game.

Short of keeping their offense off the field, we have no shot against the Pats.

I like Sellers as a reciever. He runs too high as a RB. He is hard for a corner back to solo tackle but he's not hard for a D linemen or even a linebacker. I don't know if he is a the answer. Did you see him get stood up by the Carnals lineman? Held him with one hand and grabbed the runner with the other. Pathetic blocking.

Archived