Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pats 42-7 at halftime...Brady has 291 yards...

tr1

Will the late TD make a difference?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will the late TD make a difference?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

No, it won't be close. We're just too banged up. We'll hang close until our defense gets tired.

Watched you guys at my father's house last night. He was getting really angry. Thank god I make a mean Long Island.

Wait until the Eagles play the Pats. I'm honestly scared.

no offense, but if Warner/Rattay and the Cards can go for 3 scores and 280 yds, then the Pats will atleast put up 30 points and they will not have a problem with throwing the ball.

Then again, if we beat the Pats, we're the darling of the NFC....

Funny, isn't it?

no offense, but if Warner/Rattay and the Cards can go for 3 scores and 280 yds, then the Pats will atleast put up 30 points and they will not have a problem with throwing the ball.

To be fair, when the Cards were driving on the skins and getting most of their yards and points it was when our Offense was doing absolutely nothing in the 2nd half. Our D was basically on the field the entire second half. Our O caused our D to look weak at times, even though they still won the game (Carter sack/fumble in the 4th).

If (HUGE IF) we are able to have any sort of offensive rhythm against the Pats, which could be impossible, then our D will stay fresh and keep them from hitting 30. Our D can't be on the field 70% of the game.

To be fair, when the Cards were driving on the skins and getting most of their yards and points it was when our Offense was doing absolutely nothing in the 2nd half. Our D was basically on the field the entire second half. Our O caused our D to look weak at times, even though they still won the game (Carter sack/fumble in the 4th).

If (HUGE IF) we are able to have any sort of offensive rhythm against the Pats, which could be impossible, then our D will stay fresh and keep them from hitting 30. Our D can't be on the field 70% of the game.

Your speaking to my point exactly. The Skins have a great defense, there is no doubting that and i will be the first to say it, but having a very bad offense will hurt them in this game the same way they did vs Zona.....and if you think that the skins will have more offensive succuss @ NE then they did at home vs the Card's then you will be mistaken. but hey, thats why they play the game, any given Subday, and you Skins fans should be excited, this is a huge game (fox game of the week....hell its got to be NFL's game of the week) and the skins have a chance to pole vault into the NFC's best and make a huge statement.....

That's what I was gonna reply with. It all hinges on the offense. If they control the ball and make longer drives, the defense stays fresh. When it doesn't, we get the results vs NYG, GB and Ariz. And almost Philly. Our defense is good enough to stop the Patriots offense and hold them under 30, but our offense is pathetic.

Archived