Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if the Super Bowl wasn't commercialized enough...

Larry Brown #43

I was disgusted that they put on a Bon Jovi concert before giving the Bucs their Super Bowl trophy. The NFL has really crossed the line here. Am I the only one who noticed this, or was bothered by it? We've got the pre-game concert, the halftime show, and now this? What's next? Celine Dion rushing onto the field between a touchdown and the extra point? Enough!!! :puke: Besides, who the hell still listens to Bon Jovi anyway?

Didn't he kick the season off in NY? Was it deliberate to make this season a Bon Jovi sandwich? Who knows?

Didn't like Celine Dion. Liked Santana. Didn't like shania Twain. Liked No Doubt and Sting. Didn't care about Bon Jovi ... but the wife didn't seem to mind.

The Super Bowl does seem to be becoming less and less about the game, though. Never seen so may fireworks and so much confetti.

Originally posted by Brave

Didn't he kick the season off in NY? Was it deliberate to make this season a Bon Jovi sandwich? Who knows?

I dont know if he kicked off the season in NY but I know he played the halftime show in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Originally posted by Romo sits to pee

I dont know if he kicked off the season in NY but I know he played the halftime show in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

That's crazy. By the way, he did play before the opener in NY on that Thursday night. So I guess the season was a Jon Bon Jovi club sandwich.

Originally posted by theposse

That's crazy. By the way, he did play before the opener in NY on that Thursday night. So I guess the season was a Jon Bon Jovi club sandwich.

I wonder which lame band the 2003 season will feature at every conceivable NFL function? Maybe before the Skins are handed the Lombardi Trophy next year we'll have to sit patiently through a lip-synched Whitesnake concert. :gus:

I can't believe there isn't more outrage over this. When they announced that there would be a concert before the Bucs got to hold up their trophy, I wanted to throw a brick through my TV. What are we coming to?? If I wanted to watch cheesy concerts all night I would watch MTV. This is the lowest the NFL has ever stooped as far as I'm concerned.

Also - what's up with these lame *** bands and singers performing all their old tired hits from like 5 years ago. Do they not have any new materiel worth a sh!t or what? I can understand Sting singing an older tune, but the others? Jeez - I thought they all pretty much sucked, but not nearly as bad as Ja Rule and that other chik at the Philly playoff game. Whew! That was horror.

Archived