Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Europe stands to the USA!!!

CFK

Earlier on this board I read "Screw France and Germany". So I`m from Austria I want to clear up one thing. The people in Europe understand the Americans and I think you must make a difference between the "normal people" and politicians. I really don`t want to be threatened cause I`m from Europe.

/My English is not the best but I`m triing to get better/

CFK, more often then not when a country's name is mentioned in a way such as the post you referred to, it is the politicians and policies that is being targeted, not the population.

That may not always be clear, but it is usually true.

The French never miss an oppourtunity to stick it to America in any way they can. Germany is merely doing what they always try to do...secure a place as the "leader of Europe". They've tried to do it twice, militarily, and during the 80s-90s, theyve tried to do it economically as well. The best way to secure a leadership role is to "take up arms" against the other side...The US and Britain.

To fansince 62, i started watching the NFL in the middle 90`s, my first NFL game I see was the Superbowl Steelers-Cowboys, I hate this team from Texas from the beginning. After a few weeks it was clear, the Redskins are my team, I like their tradition, I like the city of washington and hey, they also hate the Cowboys!!!So I started cheering for the Redskins. I`m no born Redskins fan (how should I here in Austria), but since watching the NFL I`m a fan of this franchise!!!

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

That's incredible. You didnt even get to enjoy the glory years of the 1980s, under Joe Gibbs, and you're still on board. Don't worry, it'll get better in the next couple of years. :)

WOW!!! Talk about being die hard, having heart and intelligence to boot.....

These have been the toughest years for me as a skins fan....

U r my new #1 SKINS fan!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy :notworthy

Hey CFK,

What part of Austria are you from? I travelled through Austria when I lived in Italy back in the mid 90's. Beautiful country you have there. I was in Wien on New Year's Eve. I have never seen people party so hard in that cold of weather. I got so drunk I couldn't even walk back to my hotel. :cheers::pint:

To 56Arrington56,

I live in carinthia (Velden am Wörthersee), it`s very near to Italy. In summer holidays I usually travel to Italy. Every year there is a very good "New Years Party" in Villach, there are also a lot of people from Italy. Was you there????

Originally posted by CFK

To 56Arrington56,

I live in carinthia (Velden am Wörthersee), it`s very near to Italy. In summer holidays I usually travel to Italy. Every year there is a very good "New Years Party" in Villach, there are also a lot of people from Italy. Was you there????

Yeah, you are very close to Italy!! How close are you to Tarvisio? No, I didn't spend New Year's Eve in Villach. I was in Wien on New Year's Eve. However, the train did stop in Villach on it's way to Wien. Pretty cool town. I use to live near Pordenone (Aviano AB) when I lived in Italy back in the Mid 1990's. I miss the Alps. :(

CFK....when I was in the Marine Corps, I was lucky enough to get to travel all over Europe, skied the Austrian Alps (beautiful!) and Italy was my favorite stop. I spent several months in Trieste in Northern Italy close to Yugoslavia, as well as some time in Naples and Florence. Some of the most beautiful women in the world are in Italy. Welcome to the board!

I am currently residing in Italy and there seems to be an increasing anti-US policy sentiment (though they still like Americans in general). I see where they are coming from, but unfortunately they don't see our perspective. It's a very pacifistic country that lacks the vigor of their ancient ancestors, so they just dont see any reason for war under almost any circumstance. There is also a viable far-left coalition that incorrectly sees America as a diabolical, unfair, empire out to dominate the world (while it looks longingly to the Soviet Union and China :rolleyes: )

Archived