Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the ship righted?

stevenaa

I think there was so much wrong within the organization, most of us had unrealistic expectations of how soon winning should come. Losing is a cancer that is hard to excise. The feel of the organization is much different now, and it seems to me the attitude and culture is 180 degrees from where it was when he returned. If he retires after next year, without a SB appearance, was his stint a success in the bigger scheme if the team continues to improve going forward? Is righting a ship enough of a success considering how messed up things were, sans SB appearance? I think it is.

I think there was so much wrong within the organization, most of us had unrealistic expectations of how soon winning should come. Losing is a cancer that is hard to excise. The feel of the organization is much different now, and it seems to me the attitude and culture is 180 degrees from where it was when he returned. If he retires after next year, without a SB appearance, was his stint a success in the bigger scheme if the team continues to improve going forward? Is righting a ship enough of a success considering how messed up things were, sans SB appearance? I think it is.

Dude.. the very reason Gibbs came back was to win a SB... so.... no righting a ship is fine but that is not what hes here for....

Make no mistake.

Thats a discussion for after the season or the playoffs (god willing)

All I care about now is Green Bay.

Key players under Spurrier:

Shane Matthews

Jacquez Green

Reidel Anthony

Danny Wuerffel

Trung Canidate

Chris Doering

etc...

Key Players Under Gibbs:

Campbell

Portis

Moss

Taylor

Sellers

Thrash

Rock C.

Washington

Springs

list goes on and on..

Lets just say...hes got a handle on the compass.

Archived