Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who said the Skins can't draft?

Brave

Ever since Gibbs came back he had drafted quality character guys who will work their ass off for the team. This is always a good way to draft. Also don't forget about the free agent! Randy Thomas, Rabach, Sellers, Fletcher, etc.

Save a few bad choices we are doing really well right now.

We definitely have drafted well on the first day, but we have never kept our draft picks. Look at last years draft we had no 1st rounder and 2 second rounders, we traded up to get Rocky, who has been great so far, and we gave up our 1st rounder the year before for Campbell,who has developed nicely. This year we had 1 first day pick and we got Landry, again looks good, but we missed out on a lot of good young talent on the first day. We have found gems in Montgomery and Golston in later rounds and Blades may turn out to be the steal of the draft, but thats only 5 players in 2 draft classes that we hit on. Ecker seems to be a never was, nemo why we picked him at all I don't know, and Palmer was truly a head scratcher. The guys who stick do well but we need more to stick. In a couple of seasons Daniels,Evans and even Washington will be gone and we have nobody waiting in the wings to take over. But I think we are on the right track. Hail!!

We definitely have drafted well on the first day, but we have never kept our draft picks. Look at last years draft we had no 1st rounder and 2 second rounders, we traded up to get Rocky, who has been great so far, and we gave up our 1st rounder the year before for Campbell,who has developed nicely. This year we had 1 first day pick and we got Landry, again looks good, but we missed out on a lot of good young talent on the first day. We have found gems in Montgomery and Golston in later rounds and Blades may turn out to be the steal of the draft, but thats only 5 players in 2 draft classes that we hit on. Ecker seems to be a never was, nemo why we picked him at all I don't know, and Palmer was truly a head scratcher. The guys who stick do well but we need more to stick. In a couple of seasons Daniels,Evans and even Washington will be gone and we have nobody waiting in the wings to take over. But I think we are on the right track. Hail!!

I'm also encouraged that we're actually training some of our guys up, developing our talent. Golston and Monty for example. Hope that trend continues after Gibbs is gone too.

I used to tease a Steeler friend of mine that they drafted and developed good talent and then watched other teams sign them away. I called Pittsburgh a "farm team" for the rest of the league. Later, many conference championship games for the Steelers and finally Super Bowl for them, and now I hope the Skins can duplicate that success building from within.

Archived