Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins fan in need of tailgating info for tampa

bigroddy76

Just bought my first tickets to a skins game 11/25. I would like to meet some of the EXTREMESKINS brethren..... Where will you guys be tailgating? i cant cook worth a darn but i can sure buy some beer!...for those who drink. I wanna have the full gameday experience help a brotha out...thanks in advance

where is lopez park?:point2sky

Its on dale mabry just on the north side of the stadium.. This will be my first year going....

do a search on tampa

Just bought my first tickets to a skins game 11/25. I would like to meet some of the EXTREMESKINS brethren..... Where will you guys be tailgating? i cant cook worth a darn but i can sure buy some beer!...for those who drink. I wanna have the full gameday experience help a brotha out...thanks in advance

Here you go.

As the game approaches, Monkart or I will start a thread about the Tampa tailgate at Al Lopez park along with directions and links to maps etc. The park is directly north of the stadium across Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. We usually get there early am and stake out the very southwestern portion of the park and reserve it for Skins fans. A few posters on here over the last couple of years has deemed this FedEx south. Should be a great turnout again this year judging by all of the early returns!

Word of advice, if you are getting your tickets will call, GET THERE EARLY. At the playoff game in '05, we waited 1.5 hours and missed the LaVar pick/CP touchdown. I'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as a playoff game but I wouldn't take any chances.

Also, when in Tampa, make sure to visit Samurai Blue and Mons Venus.

I'll be there with 6 other skins fans in my group! Gramma's PISSED i'm missing Thanksgiving for this... haha.

if anyone finds a Cheap flight PM me! I'm really not feeling this 10 + hour drive....

Alligiant air out of greensboro has tickets for $49 each way, leaving friday and returning tuesday... if that's what you're looking for... They leave sunday as well but I don't think you'd be able to make the flight...

al lopez park is east of the stadium on MLK. if you want a place to go after the game, go to ybor city to this bar called Elmers. Its a redskins bar. Its right off of 7th Ave and 18th st. just google Elmers Tampa and it should pull up. Its probably about a 5-10 min drive from the stadium.

Archived