Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Nutten available?

jimster

Broke his leg against Washington. He's an unrestricted free agent but apparently he has a history of injuries.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/06C2EC3A02412FDC86256C9E00138554?OpenDocument&Headline=Is%20the%20joyride%20over%20for%20the%20Rams%3F

Nutten's situation is less clear because he has more of an injury history and is coming off of a season-ending broken leg suffered Nov. 24 against Washington.

:cheers:

Johnson wants to come back and is probably going to be signed for a reasonable price. If his knee is judged by the medical staff as being stable and capable of further rehab in the offseason the Skins would be foolish to give up on him this early.

give him a deal with incentives to produce. just don't insult him with a $550K offer with no incentives and no bonus.

I would resign Tre Johnson for the 600k minimum, BUT with a bonus incentive based on the number of games he starts. That would be fair to him and the team. Then he would be paid accordingly -- whether he became a starter or remained a backup.

Until we brought Tre back, no one had any interest in signing him after last summer, and his career would have been over if he had not returned to us. Tre is not going to be in great demand in free agency, due to his history of injuries. :)

By the way, Nutten will be 32 in June. I would prefer that we keep building the team with younger free agents, like Mo Collins or Randy Young, who are in the mid-20s.

How do you like my name in neon lights, Bulldog? Bulldog is starting to sweat now -- I gained two posts on him today. :laugh:

Archived