Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know a good Blackberry GPS?

Spaceman Spiff

I just got a Blackberry from Tmobile and I'm thinking of switching from verizon to tmobile, so I'm trying it out for the alotted two week period I have.

One of the things that was great about Verizon was their GPS, that thing rocked. I've used it practically every day and it's never gotten me lost.

Does anyone know of a good one I can download to my Blackberry? Not sure if I want to invest in one to put in my car just yet. I got one called "infospace find it!" but it doesn't seem to be all that great.

I have the Blackberry 8703e (Sprint) and I am currently looking for a good GPS as well.

I originally had Nextel before that and used Telenav. NEVER got lost with it. I even relied on the thing to get me to South Georgia and back to NJ.

Link: http://www.telenav.com/

Why can't you use telenav for your current blackberry?

I'm thinking about getting this. Only thing is when I go to the page to order for the Pearl, it tells me I need that little bluetooth transmitter to stick on my dash. But my Pearl already has a GPS built in, right?

I guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask a few questions...

Why can't you use telenav for your current blackberry?

I'm thinking about getting this. Only thing is when I go to the page to order for the Pearl, it tells me I need that little bluetooth transmitter to stick on my dash. But my Pearl already has a GPS built in, right?

I guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask a few questions...

When you go to 'Buy Now' and select your carrier and model.. the box below should say "Ready to use Telenav' in green.

I don't have anything right now, for GPS. I just recently got the Blackberry and trying it out. It is equipped for Telenav. All I have to do is 'Buy it now'.

Yeah, just checked it.. you'd need the receiver to get it all to work.

The Pearl does NOT have GPS capabilities without the receiver.

Hrrmmm...

Well, I'm trying out tmobile for a couple weeks. I've got a couple weeks to try it out and if I don't like it I can go back to verizon at no cost.

I love the phone, I think it's incredible. However tmobiles network isn't as good which is big for me.

Tmobiles plans are better priced for the blackberry...I dunno. I hear verizons going to get the Pearl in november: http://www.rimarkable.com/blackberry-pearl-2-coming-to-sprint-around-thanksgiving

It's a tough call...Verizons comparable blackberry plan is more expensive....

Decisions decisions....dammit!

Hrrmmm...

Well, I'm trying out tmobile for a couple weeks. I've got a couple weeks to try it out and if I don't like it I can go back to verizon at no cost.

I love the phone, I think it's incredible. However tmobiles network isn't as good which is big for me.

Tmobiles plans are better priced for the blackberry...I dunno. I hear verizons going to get the Pearl in november: http://www.rimarkable.com/blackberry-pearl-2-coming-to-sprint-around-thanksgiving

It's a tough call...Verizons comparable blackberry plan is more expensive....

Decisions decisions....dammit!

I'd probably go with another blackberry. One with GPS capabilities. Regardless of the carrier. I used to be with Verizon, hated them. Before that, I had Tmobile but, it was a prepaid. I went to Nextel and loved them until they merged with Sprint. Now, I am a Sprint/Nextel customer. It could be worse but, I miss Nextel.

If you like Verizon.. I'd go back with them and hope they get a wider range of blackberry's to choose from. If not, you are stuck with your service of choice but, gonna have to drop an additional Benjamin on a bluetooth receiver.

I'd probably go with another blackberry. One with GPS capabilities. Regardless of the carrier. I used to be with Verizon, hated them. Before that, I had Tmobile but, it was a prepaid. I went to Nextel and loved them until they merged with Sprint. Now, I am a Sprint/Nextel customer. It could be worse but, I miss Nextel.

If you like Verizon.. I'd go back with them and hope they get a wider range of blackberry's to choose from. If not, you are stuck with your service of choice but, gonna have to drop an additional Benjamin on a bluetooth receiver.

Good call. I'll probably stay with Verizon and hope and pray they get the pearl in November...Looking at it again, I'd rather pay a little bit more to be completely happy with the service and not drop calls and have dead spots. A lot of people I know have Verizon and there's free in network calling which is nice, too. Won't have to pick and choose who my Fav Fives are.

Archived