Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grammy's prove again that they are mostly out of touch with society

The Evil Genius

Specifically, the nominations for best male and female rock singer.

If Avril Lavigne is a rock performer then so it Britney Spears :laugh: What a frickin joke.

And where is the sub 50 year olds in the best male rock performers? David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Peter Gabriel, Robert Plant, and Bruce Springsteen? Jesus all but Bowie and the Boss have been past their prime for 10 years now.

Here is a quick and dirty of the nominees...

1. Record of the Year: "A Thousand Miles," Vanessa Carlton (news); "Without Me," Eminem; "Don't Know Why," Norah Jones (news); "Dilemma," Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland; "How You Remind Me," Nickelback.

2. Album of the Year: "Home," Dixie Chicks; "The Eminem (news - web sites) Show," Eminem; "Come Away With Me," Norah Jones; "Nellyville," Nelly; "The Rising," Bruce Springsteen (news).

3. Song of the Year: "Complicated," Avril Lavigne (news) & The Matrix (Avril Lavigne); "Don't Know Why," Jesse Harris (Norah Jones); "The Rising," Bruce Springsteen (Bruce Springsteen); "A Thousand Miles," Vanessa Carlton (Vanessa Carlton); "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)," Alan Jackson (news) (Alan Jackson).

4. New Artist: Ashanti; Michelle Branch (news); Norah Jones; Avril Lavigne; John Mayer (news).

14. Female Rock Vocal Performance: "Steve McQueen," Sheryl Crow; "The Weakness in Me," Melissa Etheridge (news); "Sk8er Boi," Avril Lavigne; "Gnawin' On It," Bonnie Raitt (news); "Alone," Susan Tedeschi.

15. Male Rock Vocal Performance: "Slow Burn," David Bowie (news); "45," Elvis Costello (news); "The Barry Williams (news) Show," Peter Gabriel (news); "Darkness, Darkness," Robert Plant (news); "The Rising," Bruce Springsteen.

16. Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: "Girls of Summer," Aerosmith; "In My Place," Coldplay; "My Sacrifice," Creed; "Hero," Chad Kroeger (news) featuring Josey Scott; "When I'm Gone," 3 Doors Down; "Take Me As I Am," Tonic; "Walk On," U2.

17. Hard Rock Performance: "All My Life," Foo Fighters; "I Stand Alone," Godsmack; "Youth of the Nation," P.O.D.; "No One Knows," Queens of the Stone Age; "Aerials," System of a Down.

18. Metal Performance: "Here to Stay," Korn; "Portrait," P.O.D.; "My Plague," Slipknot; "Get Inside," Stone Sour; "Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)," Rob Zombie.

20. Rock Song: "All My Life," Foo Fighters (Foo Fighters); "Hero," Chad Kroeger (Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott); "I Stand Alone," Sully Erna (Godsmack); "The Rising," Bruce Springsteen (Bruce Springsteen); "When I'm Gone," Brad Arnold, Todd Harrell, Chris Henderson and Matt Roberts (3 Doors Down).

21. Rock Album: "When I Was Cruel," Elvis Costello; "C'Mon, C'Mon," Sheryl Crow; "Dreamland," Robert Plant; "The Rising," Bruce Springsteen; "Head on Straight," Tonic.

22. Alternative Music Album: "Sea Change," Beck; "Walking With Thee," Clinic; "A Rush of Blood to the Head," Coldplay; "Cruel Smile," Elvis Costello and The Imposters; "Behind the Music," The Soundtrack of Our Lives.

Archived