Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A More Disciplined Team?

RFK Lives

Facts like your 21 penalties on the defense :)?

Everything I've seen from you lately is overtly negative, so I don't see how it can be interpreted as anything but that. If you've seen the games, you would know that that 21 penalty figure is absolute BS, even if you didn't know the actual number. But, you glommed onto it, which indicates, to me anyway, someone who is looking for things to be negative about.

You know what the Redskins have failed to do in the last 15 years? It isn't squandered draft picks, botched trades, or big free agent signings. It's the failure to land a franchise QB - that is the surest ticket to consistent winning in the NFL. Over the last 15 years, when the Redskins have had competent QB play, they have either been in the playoffs or very close (and that's if you assume Frerotte gave them competent QB play). A vast majority of the top winning franchises in the league today have that rock under center. Yeah, you can find outliers, but they're just that - outliers. Every slam against the Redskins/Cerrato is just looking for that scapegoat.

On another level, it's the certitude with which you negativeers state your "facts" that is especially grating. "Well, trading Bailey and a 2nd for Portis was stupid." How in the hell do you all know what the circumstances were surrounding that situation? Or any of the situations? Om says it all the time, but he's right - w/o knowing the context of each situation, it's hard to really get a good grasp for why something was done.

Sonny, I chopped your post up so i could respond to the parts that i object to.

As far as the 21 penalities stat, i fully appologize for that. When i am wrong, i fully admit it. If you read this thread more and more after i posted it i realized how strange that stat seemed to be. Below you will find the rest i have to say on it.

As far as me saying anything on the bailey is totally inaccurate. ANy post i have on the bailey trade is not about the actual trade. It was on the decision to pay Lavar instead of Bailey. I was mad at the time and i am still mad now. Note the screen name.

Your QB post is interesting and fairly true. A solid QB is a key for all NFL teams. But we have also squandered draft picks and messed up trades even if you dont beleive so. Bottom line we have not had many winning seasons over the last 14 years. I wouldnt consider the 2 winning ones, with Johnson and Brunell to be great QB play either even though Johnson was very good that year, it appeared to be the system.

Anyway, as i have said before, watch me on game day and you'll see a die hard fan. But i refuse to sit here sober and think that 2 playoff wins in 14 years is something to be proud of.

21 penalties = 21 penalties the defense has "forced" or the opposing team has committed

Titans game: Titans have 6 penalties

Steelers game: Steelers have 6 penalties

Ravens game: Ravens have 9 penalties

6+6+9 = 21

Please do research before saying the sky is falling, thanks.

Yes. Thank you. As i had said in previous posts, after reading it, it didnt seem to make much sense. I am HAPPY, very Happy that the stat is actually a postive one. I appologize for posting that stat and hopefully it wont happen again.

I thank you for the research you put into it.

21 penalties = 21 penalties the defense has "forced" or the opposing team has committed

Titans game: Titans have 6 penalties

Steelers game: Steelers have 6 penalties

Ravens game: Ravens have 9 penalties

6+6+9 = 21

Please do research before saying the sky is falling, thanks.

:cheers: looks like you guys will shut em up before I can :applause: Thats what I love about ES, the pessimistic will always fall and this season lets hope we make them fall fast ;)

:cheers: looks like you guys will shut em up before I can :applause: Thats what I love about ES, the pessimistic will always fall and this season lets hope we make them fall fast ;)

D'oh.:doh: . I made a mistake, i admit and i am damn happy it was a mistake.

Dfos81, its good to see you are see trigger happy with those smileys.

D'oh.:doh: . I made a mistake, i admit and i am damn happy it was a mistake.

Dfos81, its good to see you are see trigger happy with those smileys.

Thanks, I see your still posting statments, just to admit later that it was a mistake in the 1st place JK :D . At least your honest :cheers:

I like smiley faces, what can I say. Just like you like the :doh: face.

You should feel good that you bring :laugh: ter to the Skins nation this time of the year. Try :D you never know it may make you feel better. :2cents:

Archived