Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins: A Team on the Rise-Sporting News

SkinsNoles21

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=redskinsteamontherise&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The thing that sticks in my mind about the 2006 Redskins is that they went into New Orleans last December and held the mighty Saints' offense to a season-low 10 points.

As a fantasy owner of both Drew Brees and Reggie Bush last season, I seethed over what the Redskins did on that first weekend of my fantasy playoffs. But that performance also made me think that these Redskins are not too far away from being a good football team. The pieces are in place, especially now that Mark Brunell has gone down like the Titanic. Jason Campbell appears to have escaped serious injury in Week 2 of the preseason, so we all can look ahead to further progress from this offense -- and not just from the running game. Defensively, there is much work to be done, considering the team was last in sacks and turnovers forced last season, and second to last in total defense. Despite being somewhat uninspiring among the front four, the back seven will be good, especially with the additions of free agent LB London Fletcher and super stud rookie SS LaRon Landry. This will be a fun team to watch get better each week. It could make for some fantasy surprises down the stretch.

Also...Bengals sign lemar marshall

Archived