Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injuries are starting to become a real concern

armada58

The injury to Portis during last years preseason game really has had a domino affect on not only the players, but also the coaching staff. These guys just dont want to run the risk of carrying over a pre season injury over onto the season. I can't blame them. I understand the valid arguments about timing what not between players and i dont disagree with that, but i feel that the coaching staff wants this team just to be healthy come preseason. I think after this Steelers game you will really start to see alot of players come back because the 3rd preseason game is always were the players get alot of reps i think during that game almost all the starters (besdies Samuels) will get valuable reps.

Where do you see that? All I've seen is that it is a shoulder injury, and Gibbs called it minor.

Jason

Washington Times Jason...

Although optimistic about his recovery from a shoulder he said was slightly dislocated, Wade was harsher on his performance than Bugel, who termed it OK.

Not good man. Trying to play LG may be placing him into a position where he is perhaps more vulnerable to these types of injuries...

BLC,

Did you listen to Gibbs' press conference? It sounds like the training staff is holding out Lloyd until he's healthy. It has nothing to do with Lloyd sitting himself (which doesn't make much sense) and everything to do with trying to keep everyone healthy.

I think the parent has a valid concern. A coaching staff would rather have players on the field rather than not. At the same time, they don't want players to get hurt in meaningless games. Anyone who has annoying injuries which only heal with rest are going to be sat down.

I think the biggest concern here is Samuels. It isn't because he needs the work, because he's been around forever, but that he needs to work with Wade (and whoever else plays there) and vice-versa. I have a feeling even when Samuels comes back, that side of the line will struggle a bit early as they get their footing. But, there isn't much to be done about it.

Jason

i kinda stopped listening to gibbs because its not worth it because he never really says anything of substance.

i dont know whats going on with lloyd. maybe hes being a whimp about his shin splints, maybe the coaches are sitting him, who knows. all i know is he fell down the depth chart, now hes not playing preseason, and he has a knack for getting on everyones bad side. he didnt even travel with the team to tennessee and that was a big sign as well. samuels nursing an MCL injury is much more a reason to not travel with the team than friggin shin splints.

i think samuels will be ok, but wade might not work. now hes got a slightly dislocated shoulder and hes coming off of a sub par performance. he either needs to pick it up, or we need to pick someone else up.

on a side complete speculation note (and i dont know much about this at all), could lloyd *POSSIBLY* have shown indications of steroid use and they dont want him testing positive and having to sit for 4 games? do they test before pre season games even? we all know the dude showed up jacked and now hes not playing, so this is just a thought from left field. as i stated, i dont know much at all about this, so if anyone has an opinion on whether this might be something to think about or if im way out in left field, im all ears.

i dont know whats going on with lloyd. maybe hes being a whimp about his shin splints, maybe the coaches are sitting him, who knows. all i know is he fell down the depth chart, now hes not playing preseason, and he has a knack for getting on everyones bad side. he didnt even travel with the team to tennessee and that was a big sign as well. samuels nursing an MCL injury is much more a reason to not travel with the team than friggin shin splints.

There is an interview with him up now with him talking about that. It pretty much concurs with what Gibbs was saying.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried practicing with it, and it just got worse. I've had shin splints before, and while they are relatively minor, they can get real painful. The only way to get them to heal is icing it and rest.

on a side complete speculation note (and i dont know much about this at all), could lloyd *POSSIBLY* have shown indications of steroid use and they dont want him testing positive and having to sit for 4 games? do they test before pre season games even? we all know the dude showed up jacked and now hes not playing, so this is just a thought from left field. as i stated, i dont know much at all about this, so if anyone has an opinion on whether this might be something to think about or if im way out in left field, im all ears.

Dude, take off the tin hat...

Jason

There is an interview with him up now with him talking about that. It pretty much concurs with what Gibbs was saying.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried practicing with it, and it just got worse. I've had shin splints before, and while they are relatively minor, they can get real painful. The only way to get them to heal is icing it and rest.

Dude, take off the tin hat...

Jason

haha cmon, it was just a question and i already said it was complete speculation, im just concerned about why the dude isnt playing. i just dont buy shin splints as a legit answer. but oh well.

haha cmon, it was just a question and i already said it was complete speculation, im just concerned about why the dude isnt playing. i just dont buy shin splints as a legit answer. but oh well.

Why not? Shin splints is a legitimate ailment of athletes who run. I don't really see any motivation for anyone involved to lie about that. It isn't like Lloyd is viewed as indispensable. He had a very poor season and was demoted. He knows that he needs to get on the field and prove his worth. Sitting on the bench is not to his advantage.

Jason

Archived