Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Selling tickets on Stubhub...experiences?

morpheusmeyers

Has anyone here sold tickets on Stubhub before? If so what kind of luck did you have?

I know Stubhub requests that the seller provide their credit card # (in case the seller does not ship their tickets). What would prevent a buyer from just saying they never got their tickets and the seller being charged?

Does the seller receive funds after the tickets have been shipped? If so doesn't this run counter to the way Ebay and other sites do things?

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Has anyone here sold tickets on Stubhub before? If so what kind of luck did you have?

I've sold a few tickets on Stubhub over the last couple of years......never had any problems selling, and only a couple small problems buying.

I know Stubhub requests that the seller provide their credit card # (in case the seller does not ship their tickets). What would prevent a buyer from just saying they never got their tickets and the seller being charged?

Nothing - but that's the same with any online marketplace. Stubhub can track if you shipped the fedex package, and can track if an when it was delivered (once you sell your tickets, they give you a link to print off a fedex label), but they have no way of knowing if you actually put the tickets in the envelope. If a seller said that they received the package, but it didn't have any tickets - I'm not sure who exactly would have to pay.

Does the seller receive funds after the tickets have been shipped? If so doesn't this run counter to the way Ebay and other sites do things?

Stubhub will send payment either by check or PayPal 7 days after delivery. This gives the buyer enough time to open the package and verify the tickets are correct. If the buyer has an issue with the tickets, then they have to call Stubhub within this time period. In a dispute, Stubhub will then call the buyer and try to resolve the issue.

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just a couple quick pieces of advice:

1) Don't price your tickets out of the market..........look to see what comparable tickets are going for, and price your tickets competitively.

2) Don't confirm tickets that you no longer have!!!! Once you sell your tickets, they ask you to go back to to the website to confirm.......if you confirm, and then, for whatever reason, don't ship the tickets, then Stubhub will work with the buyer to find comparable seats - no matter the price - and charge your credit card for the difference in price.

3) Don't forget last minute sales.......most tickets have to come off of the market 4-5 days before the game, just because of the logistics of the comfirmation/shipping/receiving cycle. What you can do in advance is set up your tickets for last minute sales, and you can sell your tickets up until hours before gametime. In short, you have to send a couple of authorization forms, and mail your tickets to a local rep. Then once you put those tickets up for sale, they can stay on after most tickets drop off.

4) Selling a LOT of tickets? Try to become a largeseller - they don't have hard and fast rules on it, but if you have a few sets of season tickets.....then you can at least try it. I hear the benefits are greatly reduced fees, so if you are doing a lot of sales, and can qualify, it's definitely worth it.

Hope this helps!

StubHub seems like a nice way of buying and selling tickets, but I find their commission of 15% to be quite substantial. I'd much rather find someone on this site so that there is no overhead or sell them on Ebay where the overhead is only about a $2-$3 listing fee, 3% final value fee, and 3% Paypal fee.

I'd much rather find someone on here to buy them too but not a lot of buying seems to go on here UNLESS its for the Giants, Eagles or Dallas and then they want them for cost. Just my experience.

StubHub seems like a nice way of buying and selling tickets, but I find their commission of 15% to be quite substantial. I'd much rather find someone on this site so that there is no overhead or sell them on Ebay where the overhead is only about a $2-$3 listing fee, 3% final value fee, and 3% Paypal fee.

I've never sold on Stub Hub - but Mark is right - if you can sell here it is the way to go - you are almost guaranteed that you will have a homer in your seat.

Most people are willing to pay for the shipping and your actual cost......

Archived