Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading in Ipods...rip off?

Wizards and Redskins

I just got off the phone with the Apple Store because I was trying to get my Nano upgraded to a Video iPod. The nano cost me 150.00 and the video iPod costs 250.00 so I have heard from people that they only paid a difference. What a shock I received. If i turn in my perfectly good Nano Apple said they would generously give me 10% off the purchase of a brand new iPod so If i did get a video iPod it would cost me 225.00 instead of 250.00. Does anyone else see this as apearing to be a rip off or is it just me?

just my :2cents:

I just got off the phone with the Apple Store because I was trying to get my Nano upgraded to a Video iPod. The nano cost me 150.00 and the video iPod costs 250.00 so I have heard from people that they only paid a difference. What a shock I received. If i turn in my perfectly good Nano Apple said they would generously give me 10% off the purchase of a brand new iPod so If i did get a video iPod it would cost me 225.00 instead of 250.00. Does anyone else see this as apearing to be a rip off or is it just me?

You see they give you that 10% discount whether the nano is working or not. With the video ipods the hard drives go bad every couple of years. Least in my personal expericence, whatever that's worth. When they do, they aren't good for anything. So apple will give you a discount on them if you trade them in.

I wouldn't trade in a perfectly good nano for 25$, either. Now a busted up useless one maybe.

How old is the Nano, if you haven't taken it out of the box or anything, you could just return it and buy the video iPod. However, if you have used it I can understand why Apple wouldn't just let you exchange it for a video iPod. It's pretty generous of them to offer 10%.

How old is the Nano, if you haven't taken it out of the box or anything, you could just return it and buy the video iPod. However, if you have used it I can understand why Apple wouldn't just let you exchange it for a video iPod. It's pretty generous of them to offer 10%.

It's a year old. I'm not trying to get a brand new one for free. My friends have said they've only paid the difference so they would have only paid 100.00. Now I'm not saying they should get me a free Video one but If i paid 150 for it why shouldn't I be able to subtract that (or a little less due to the years) from the total cost of a new one?

No, it's not a normal policy for almost any place where you can simply turn something in and pay the difference for an upgrade.

It would have been nice if I could have done that with my t.v..

"Hey I bought this tube t.v. for $800 can I apply that to a brand new plasma?"

I know companies offer this occasionally but it's not an everyday normal policy for most companies.

No, it's not a normal policy for almost any place where you can simply turn something in and pay the difference for an upgrade.

It would have been nice if I could have done that with my t.v..

"Hey I bought this tube t.v. for $800 can I apply that to a brand new plasma?"

I know companies offer this occasionally but it's not an everyday normal policy for most companies.

I'm just going by what my friends have done in the past. I mean I guess I just thought it would be a little more than 25.00 off

I'm just going by what my friends have done in the past. I mean I guess I just thought it would be a little more than 25.00 off

You could always talk to a manager and say it worked for your friend.

I've gotten a bunch of stuff for free from Directv by speaking with a supervisor when the first line of people say no.

It's a year old. I'm not trying to get a brand new one for free. My friends have said they've only paid the difference so they would have only paid 100.00. Now I'm not saying they should get me a free Video one but If i paid 150 for it why shouldn't I be able to subtract that (or a little less due to the years) from the total cost of a new one?

I wasn't saying you were trying to get the video iPod for free. I don't know why Apple would let someone trade a product in and pay the difference for a different product like your friends say, especially one that is a year old. Since Apple can't resell the Nano for full price they would be losing money every time some one did that.

Archived