Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The Man" and "NFL Predictions" Contests

Om

So ... with only one game left in the regular season, we are about to crown "The Man" for 2002.

[And by the way, since I'm trying to finally get off my arse around here again, let me also apologize for not posting regular updates and teasers and promos about the contest this year. The automation thing was so damn cool it made me lazy. Autopilots are useful, but they leave the crew entirely too much time on their hands to drink coffee and ogle the stewardi. I blame Die Hard and Blade.]

Kyle is in a strong position to take it all, but there is a small handful of others still in the running. Mathematically, anyone within 15 points of the leader (in this case, 64) still has a shot ... there are 6 posters left in that category.

TOP 10 – "The Man Contest"

79 Kyle

70 Henry

70 phantom

68 Skins57

67 jimbo

66 Die Hard

65 pga

63 Hangman55

63 Qcard

62 LagerBoy2

62 Redskinette_Vic

Quick Thoughts on Potential Winners:

Kyle – excellent poster who has been around. A worthy candidate to wear the headset.

Henry – ditto.

phantom – new to the board this season. Doesn't post much (the handle is quite appropriate, now that I think about it ;) ). Hopefully would be moved to post more if wearing the mantel of "Man."

Skins57 – see "ditto" above.

Jimbo – ditto.

Die Hard – uh, oh ... :)

pga – see "ditto" above.

(Notables)

Qcard – can't win, and it's a good thing. I mean, really.

Redskinnette Vic – can't win ... and it's a damn shame. How cool would that have been? ;)

Reminder of what we've been playing for:

1st Place

Beyond the obvious, like bragging rights and the undying, unqualified respect of site members, the winner of "The Man" contest will walk away with the coupe de grace:

"The Man" ranking and corresponding icon (ie. Joe Gibbs) for a full year.

The winner will also receive a personalized Redskins retro replica jersey.

As if that wasn't enough, the winner's package will also include a Redskins visor.

2nd Place

The runnerup will receive an old-school Redskins hat.

Also, the runnerup will receive an ExtremeSkins Tshirt with their registered username embroidered on both sleeves.

3rd Place

The third-place finish will receive a mystery prize (still a mystery to us, too – stay tuned ;) ). The prize will be announced upon the completion of the NFL regular season.

Just realized the links above just take you to the contest's main page instead of the pics of the actual prizes. Sorry about that. If you follow the links under "The Stakes" on that page, you'll see the goodies.

Look for Final Results posts early next week ... once the hangover wears off and we get our **** together on Prizes and such. We'll be in touch with the winners to get any information we need and make arrangements.

Good stuff, says me.

The NFL Predictions Contest has been a blast ... and next year will also bring Prizes to the Top 3 finishers. This year, you just get to brag on it. :)

Here's the Top 10 heading into the final week:

1034 kleese

1031 BallCoachSpurrier

1013 Joey The Damn Redskin

994 Tom [Giants fan]

975 Die Hard

966 art

964 Om

960 Brave

954 SB33

943 JayCee

This one will come down to the Monday Night Finale, I'm quite sure. Great contest all around ... competitive. One day, we'll all sit around and trade "system" secrets ... or maybe not. :)

[... and damn it, had I not screwed up and neglected to make my picks for the entire early slate of games 3 weeks ago, I would have been ahead of Die Hard and Art ... which, once I got serious about my picks about 3 weeks into the season, is all I really cared about. Bumming me the hell out, it is.]

Thanks to all for the steady participation and making this thing a pleasure in which to be involved (one of my early New Year's Resolutions is to stop ending sentences with prepositions – something on which I am working). :)

That is all.

I pretty much have ot pick a perfect game and Kyle to pick a loser:( :cry:

Last year I lost out on first by 1 point atleast this year it won't be so close:rolleyes: :D

Thanks Om and everyone as this is a crap load of fun. Kinda gives me something to look forward to at the end of the season as we never make the playoffs anymore :cry:

I had a couple bad games in the middle there and now it appears I'm going to be duking it out for second. Blast you, Kyle. :D

Hey Om, how about an icon for the runner-up too? Maybe Petitbone or something. I'd take that over the hat and T-shirt (I've got two of those already. :) ) Might save you a little time and money that way.

... uh, that is if I actually am the runner up. I never seem to get any points when we play Dallas.

Interesting thought, Henry ... although my first reaction is to say maybe that's something we can look to do next year; after time to find the right avatar, come up with the title, and also have it announced and made part of the prize package from jump. The purist in me thinks we should stick to the announced formula this season. The ale-quaffing fan in me thinks the purist in me is an establishment yutz who needs to get out more.

I'm so conflicted, sometimes. :)

Solomonic Decision: let's stick with the program this year. Richie P may make an appearance next season ...

And thanx so much for making me argue with myself. I hate that.

No I don't.

Yes I do.

No I don't.

Yes I--

Shut up.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

At about mid-season I was sitting in 1st place in the NFL Predictions," 3rd in "The Man," and I had a nice lead on the field in the Extremeskins Supreme FFL. Alas, I choked like a fluff girl fell in the ranks in all three contests.

Look out next year. :)

Don't be insulted, Tom. Q kind of slipped past the Palace Guard when we were looking the other way (I think it may have been when Blondie, Vicki and Candy walked by).

Might not seem very gentlemanly of us to say this now, 15 games in, but ... no way was an admitted Cowboy fan going to wear the Gibbs icon. I would have thrown my cyberbody in front of that train before I let it happen. :)

There ... now HE feels insulted. Isn't that better? :D

Hell I feel better now. :silly: (Sigh... I was staring the other way)

In reference to an earlier post:

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

M: Well, I was told outside that...

Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

M: What?

Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!

Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.

M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.

Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.

M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.

Q: Not at all.

M: Thank You.

Q: Stupid git!!

M: (Knock)

A: Come in.

M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?

A: I told you once.

M: No you haven't.

A: Yes I have.

M: When?

A: Just now.

M: No you didn't.

A: Yes I did.

M: You didn't

A: I did!

M: You didn't!

A: I'm telling you I did!

M: You did not!!

A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

M: Oh, just the five minutes.

A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.

M: You most certainly did not.

A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.

M: No you did not.

A: Yes I did.

From Monty Pythons argument clinic.

Redskinnette Vic – can't win ... and it's a damn shame. How cool would that have been?

It would have been WAY COOL! I'm kicking myself for the week when I forgot to make my pick before heading out of town!

It's been a blast -- great contest and cool software. Look out next seaon... 'THE MAN' may just be 'THE WO-MAN'!:laugh:

Archived