Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Double Digit Sacks!!!

TheShredder

The stats are there and in order for the Skins to return to the playoffs, they need someone to have DOUBLE DIGIT SACKS!

If you have a guy whom is sacking consistently, you must account for him and it changes the game.

Do we have a double digit guy on the defense in 2007?

Most likely, Andre Carter is the obvious front runner... my gut feeling is he will be somewhere around the 9-11 sack range in 07'.

With that, whom else might make a run at it....

2005, Phillip Daniels had 8... Marcus Washington had 7.5... Corn Griffin had 4...

Who can break out? Golston? Evans?

My gut says that if we can get a guy with 10, there will be enough guys with 4-8 to get the team to the 2 per game average it takes to put enough pressure on the QB and keep the game grounded.

My $.02

Phillip Daniels is a fraud.

4 of his 8 sacks in 2005 came against a 3rd stringer Dallas had playing against him in the game at FedEx.

I agree with you that Andre Carter is the best bet to get 10 or more sacks if anyone on this defense is going to do it.

I think in all likelihood the best we can hope for is a return to the 2004 defense where scheme and attacks coming from all angles results in pressure and sacks coming from unusual positions (ex. Shawn Springs netting 6 of them that year on corner blitzes).

Phillip Daniels is a fraud.

4 of his 8 sacks in 2005 came against a 3rd stringer Dallas had playing against him in the game at FedEx.

I agree with you that Andre Carter is the best bet to get 10 or more sacks if anyone on this defense is going to do it.

I think in all likelihood the best we can hope for is a return to the 2004 defense where scheme and attacks coming from all angles results in pressure and sacks coming from unusual positions (ex. Shawn Springs netting 6 of them that year on corner blitzes).

Maybe you want to add Phillip to this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203696

Archived