Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Work, work, work, work, work: Romo soaks in scene at Celebrity

tr1

Well, at least he got one pass in this week... :laugh:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071607dnspogolfromo.3731ec1.html

04:18 AM CDT on Monday, July 16, 2007

Cowboys quarterback ends up one spot behind of ex-Star Hull

By STEVE YINGLING / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

STATELINE, Nev. – Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee didn't win the American Century Celebrity golf tournament, but he enjoyed being part of the star-studded field for the first time.

One of the highlights of Romo sits to pee's weekend in Lake Tahoe was tossing a pass to future Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice. After playing partner Carson Palmer of the Bengals completed a pass to a spectator standing on a boat, Romo sits to pee hit Rice on a short route off the 17th tee.

"That was exciting. I kind of took a little off to make sure it was accurate," Romo sits to pee said. "Jerry is the best to ever play the game at the wide receiver position, so just being around him was a lot of fun."

Romo sits to pee had a 5-over-par 77 and 13 total points in his opening round on Friday at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, bordering Lake Tahoe. However, Romo sits to pee shot the second-lowest round on Saturday with a 4-under 68 and finished 11th after a 77 on Sunday. He finished one place behind former Stars' right wing Brett Hull.

"For me, it was just getting comfortable with the course," Romo sits to pee said. "I'd never really played here before. I played one practice round, and I just put myself in a couple of bad spots that I really didn't know about."

Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Chris Chandler won the 54-hole tournament by firing a final-round 67. His 78 points in the Stableford scoring format were 24 more than Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee's other playing partners over the weekend were Hall of Fame QB John Elway, ex-Texas Tech quarterback Billy Joe Tolliver and former All-Pro receiver Sterling Sharpe.

"Just hanging out with all the guys and just kind of picking their brains and hearing some of their stories [was thrilling]," Romo sits to pee said.

Romo sits to pee said he isn't considering making golf his next career.

"For me, it's just something I like to do in the off-season," Romo sits to pee said. "It gives me a chance to be competitive in the off-season."

How long until TO brings this up?

I don't know, but for the Cowboys sake... they better hope TO doesn't take it as a insult, like he did when McNabb said the Eagles could win w/o TO, that was what started that powder keg

:paranoid: tick tock

As long as he can heave the ball 50 yards a la Roger the Dodger and the Haily Mary, the Cowboys will cruise to the Super Bowl this year. At least that's what TO tells me. Seriously, when you have receivers as good as the Cowboys have, QB precision is overrated.

Archived