Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsline Position Rankings (with your fav. Pete Prisco!)

skinsaddict2621

Pete Prisco was born on Long Island, which might be part of the reason he has that New York mentality as a reporter: right to the point. After living for a time outside of Philadelphia, where his first NFL game was the Eagles and Steelers at old Franklin Field, Prisco moved south with his family and spent his high school years in the warmth of South Florida.

It was there that he realized that he wanted to become a sportswriter, but he also happened to be on his high school football team. That means he sometimes had the audacity to actually put his own name in his story after the coach praised his play. Tells you something about him, doesn't it?

The reality that 5-foot-6 guards don't make it in college football forced him to attend Arizona State University, where working on the school paper and questioning coaches became one his favorite things to do.

Upon graduation, Prisco bounced around the country working in various capacities for several newspapers. It was while working for the Tulsa Tribune that he infuriated then-Tulsa basketball coach Nolan Richardson, which led to Richardson and his assistants mocking him during a press conference.

"Prisco, disco, cisco,'' Richardson said as he pointed at Prisco.

The fans didn't like it, either. He received threats on his phone from angry fans telling him to go back to New York.

He didn't go back to New York, but eventually found his way back to Jacksonville where he covered the University of Florida, and then the NFL. When the Jaguars came to town, he was the first beat writer covering that team at the Florida Times-Union. It was then that he built a warm and fuzzy relationship with Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin (yeah, right).

In November 2000, Prisco joined SportsLine.com as a senior writer covering Florida and the NFL. He is married to wife, Casey, and they have two cats, one named Maggie and the other Mookie after NBA player Mookie Blaylock. Mookie, though, is more like J.R. Rider -- crazy as a cat.

http://sportsline.com/columns/writers/prisco

You didn't think he would have any redskins on there did you:laugh:

Not having Cooley in the TE list is the biggest over sight, or Samuels at Tackle.. Portis was hurt last season I can see why he didn't make the list

the only ones on the list that is questionable, Guode (he sparks that awesome poke run game... that was classic).. and Newman at corner

The oddest part of the list is that he mentioned Laron Landry when he ranked his brother. What relevance is there to Laron being his brother when discussing Dawan?

I can only think that he was sticking it to us, consciously or subconsciously, to make it more obvious that he didn't think any Redskins at any position were in the top 6 in the league.

the only ones on the list that is questionable, Guode (he sparks that awesome poke run game... that was classic).. and Newman at corner

Gurode would be the third or fourth center I would put on the list from the division let alone the sixth best in the NFL.

How you pass up Jeff Saturday and Nick Hardwick for Gurode is beyond me.

Next best: Greg Jones, Jacksonville -- He missed last year with a torn ACL, but he's back healthy again. He can block with the best of them and he can run it better than most.

^

How does the dude that didnt play last year be infront of Mike Sellers when he has done so much for Ladell Betts to get 1,000+ yards and in 2005 for Clinton Portis to get 1500 yards.:doh:

2005 is the only year that Greg Jones started for Jax and they ran for 3.9 yard per carry with him as the fullback. Last year he missed the entire year and they had 600 more yards rushing as a team and 4.95 yards per carry. The year before he started they had 4.2 yards per carry. I'm not really sure if it was his blocking that dragged that down or his 3.5 yards per carry that did it.

Mike Sellers on the other hand has more TDs in much fewer carries, better yards per carry and is a better receiver. Did I mention that he is a better blocker?

There's some pretty big homerism in this thread for Sellers. Sellers is a monster, and very underrated across the league no doubt, but you guys clearly don't know the first thing about how nasty Greg Jones is when he's healthy. He can blast guys much like Sellers can, but he's better with the ball in his hands.

1) Sellers played extremely well ALL OF last year (one of the bright spots) and Greg Jones didn't play much at all, if any. How is that homerism to rank him ahead of Jones based on last season?

2) Jones better with the ball? Sellers had 13 touches in 2005 with 8 TDs. I'd say over a 50% TD per touch ratio is pretty damn good. :whoknows:

3) Funny how a Florida State fan sticking up for a Seminole is calling other people homers. :D

Archived