Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expectations, hope and reality.

Art

Ramsey has two more games -- barring injury -- to show himself as a legitimate player. He has great tests these next two weeks with solid defensive teams. This game is one you enter hoping Ramsey will just look soooooo good after his solid game against the Eagles. A great game would just let all of us let out a sigh of relief.

But, what if it isn't great or even good and is actually bad. What's it mean? The Texans run a complex and rare defensive scheme. Certainly Ramsey's never seen one like it. The zone blitz is the most difficult for a QB to understand or predict. The angles players will be positioned in is so incredibly different than anything he's ever seen.

I don't know that a poor outing is something that should cause us too much concern, but, I wonder how many of us are actually prepared for a struggle? I know I'm not despite talking about it. I just assume Ramsey will have 250 yards and look pretty good. In thinking about it, I can certainly see how it may be unrealistic of me, and perhaps all of us, to expect so much so soon. Flashes of brilliance have certainly been there. Even against the Saints, those flashes were there. Other than one very cold weather game, Ramsey has looked like a future starter and perhaps star.

The more I think of it, the more I think this is a danger game for our hopes. If he looks bad, will our fragile psyche handle it? :).

It depends on how bad he looks. 3-4 zone blitz or not, the Texans start Matt Stephens and Eric Brown (think Sam Shade) at safety. Ramsey better be able to have some success against them even if they do lure him into a couple of interceptions.

In addition to Ramsey, the scheme will be challenging to our offensive line and maybe more importantly to our young backs - Watson, Betts and the Rock. It will be interesting to see how often we get the right guys picked up today.

Originally posted by Art

Ramsey has two more games -- barring injury -- to show himself as a legitimate player.

The more I think of it, the more I think this is a danger game for our hopes. If he looks bad, will our fragile psyche handle it? :).

I don't it matters what our fragile psyches think. IT matters what Synder and Spurrier's fragile psyche thinks.

If they don' t feel comfortable with Patrick- then they could trade him, trade or sign or draft another qb, etc...

We;ll just ahve to see.

Archived