Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fans views on Snyder, Spurrier?

BirdsSuperBowlBound

I'm curious about this. What do actual Skins fans think of Daniel Snyder and his attempts every offseason to buy a championship and shuffle the roster? Do Skins fans support this constant shuffle, hoping that one year it will eventually work. Or are they willing to suffer through 2-3 awful years to build a winner?

And how many fans are still Spurrier believers?

Here you go:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11563&highlight=Snyder+poll

Kind of completely answers the question I'm sure.

As for Spurrier, I think he has done about what you would realistically expect of a guy new to the league. He's learned and adapted and changed some of how he has to run his system and his team. He's improved the offense overall and in recent weeks looks like it's starting to come together.

Few fans thought this team was a legitimate contender. It has made the types of mistakes the constant turnover would suggest a team in such flux would make. Time is needed, absolutely, to improve the team as team. There are components there. Others are needed. More than all, time is necessary and though it's impossible to seriously dislike Snyder without having to create fiction to do, as you've done, it would be very easy to hate him if he won't let the team become a team at this point.

I'd agree with others that your name is presumptuous. But the Eagles have a fine squad.

As for Spurrier, I think most (not all) Redskin fans want to give him more time to build a team that can execute his offense.

As for the free agent signings....like ALL fans, we have a tendency to think a) the grass is greener elsewhere and B) that if you plug one high-priced free agent into a unit, you've automatically upgraded the unit. We've found - year after year - that it doesn't necessarily work that way.

Do we support Daniel Snyder? Hmmm...depends. I like the fact that he wants to win. Not every franchise can claim that. I'm sure you, as an Eagle fan, can appreciate that. There've been many seasons where I'm sure you Philly fans knew full well your ownership didn't care at all about winning or improving. Does Snyder make mistakes? Sure.

Constant shuffle? It's a problem, but we seem to be infected with a 'loser' mentality. I think Spurrier perceives it as well and that there will be significant changes coming. Is that terrible?

If I knew that, I'd be making a living in Vegas.

Snyder is the king of the hill in Redskins land so naturally he gets a lot of focus both good and bad, fair and unfair. Recent events (Jansen signing) seems to indicate he is moving the team in the right direction. If the urge to pursue high dollar free agents has been modified to allow a little emphasis on retaining their home grown talent then he will win more and more fan support irregardless of the media knuckleheads that seem bent on dogging him no end.

As TC said Spurrier should get more time to get the team rolling. Despite all the railing against him he has won a few games with the limited talent at his disposal which has me wondering what he is capable of doing when the team is flush with talented players of his choosing. Chances are he is going to have success in the NFL and the Redskins will be enjoying that success right along with him.

BTW where did you get that name? Miss Cleo?

Archived