Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be Afraid....

The Sisko

...be very afraid. According to the Post, it looks like our FO is thinking about adding TWO wideouts in the draft. Attention does need to be paid to DT, probably even before OG. However, if we are stoopid enough to play the "we'll fill in the interior of the O line with cheap FA pickups and late round picks" game again, I think I"ll just :puke: :puke: and then :cuss:

Here's the link

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3798-2002Dec17.html

ummm, where did you see that? it says they are adding 2 WR's, but not both through the draft...

According to team sources, the Redskins plan to add at least two fleet wide receivers in the offseason in their attempt to make Spurrier's offense go. One of them could come via free agency, and one could come in the early rounds of the draft.

Yusuf, go back and read it again. It's says one from the draft and one from free agency.

<<According to team sources, the Redskins plan to add at least two fleet wide receivers in the offseason in their attempt to make Spurrier's offense go. One of them could come via free agency, and one could come in the early rounds of the draft. >>

there are a number of ways to add depth on the DL. one is to commit resources in FA, another is to use your draft choices.

I don't see anything in those comments that precludes us from addressing the DL AND adding talent at WR as others have noted :)

You could draft wide receivers at #1 and #2 and use your FA resources to land a capable DT to replace Wilkinson.

You could also do what has been suggested and use ONE draft choice on WR and then look for a veteran as well. That seems to make the most sense.

We don't have a 'dean' among the receivers group to be a mentor to the younger players and we need that.

For the DL, I think we can find a DT in rounds #1, #2 or even #3.

It all comes down to the ability of the FO to scout. There will be guys who can come in and contribute available in each of those rounds.

Just as guys like LeCharles Bentley and Anthony Weaver were there last year when we traded down and decided to take Betts in round 2.

Choices................. :)

Archived